LG 24GM77 monitor, a 144Hz monitor with a “lightboost” clone

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
kwazi

Re: LG 24GM77 monitor, a 144Hz monitor with a “lightboost” c

Post by kwazi » 10 Mar 2015, 12:51

Honestly from my experience DAS seems like a placebo type thing. I'm experiencing slightly snappier feeling mouse panning movements and less tearing but I haven't spent too much time on it. It's probably a common thing amongst 144hz monitors but DAS mode + 144hz + overcapped framerate is decently smooth even with the motion blur.

I don't have the equipment or the skill necessary to test out input lag differences though so take my word with a grain of salt.

I think I'm going to just return this monitor unless I can figure out how opera runs ridiculously smooth without a ton of double imaging on non-aero. I mean the clarity of movement seems possible but I don't know how to achieve it. I got the same results testing on an old nvidia 9600gt vs my 280x so I'm thinking it's a monitor problem.

caleb

Re: LG 24GM77 monitor, a 144Hz monitor with a “lightboost” c

Post by caleb » 18 Mar 2015, 04:49

Hi

I bought this screen and love it generally on 80FPS+ and 240 mode. I have no comparison over different gaming screens so I cant really give my subjective opinion. Reading your opinions I guess it would be better to return it and get a Benq but I'd love to see some review on tftcentral,pcmonitors,here before I so.

I'm wondering if its the same case with brightness for all strobe screens, when turning it on the black levels are far from those in standard 144Hz mode. I'm guessing its a technology downside but I'd like to confirm that other strobe modes work similarly.