Do projectors also suffer from persistent blur?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Supermodel_Evelynn

Do projectors also suffer from persistent blur?

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 14 Jan 2024, 21:58

As the title says

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Do projectors also suffer from persistent blur?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Jan 2024, 20:05

Supermodel_Evelynn wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 21:58
As the title says
Alas, they do.

Motion blur is always frametime on sample-and-hold displays, and most projectors are not strobed. So, they are no clearer than what Blur Busters Law allows (1ms of frame visibility time = can never be less than 1 pixel of motion blur per 1000 pixels/sec).

Motion blur of strobed = pulsetime
Motion blur of sample and hold = frametime
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Supermodel_Evelynn

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 15 Jan 2024, 20:30

aah ok thanks I guess the dream is dead no gaming projector for me :(

I wonder how the blur on projectors compare to say OLED

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Jan 2024, 20:54

Supermodel_Evelynn wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 20:30
aah ok thanks I guess the dream is dead no gaming projector for me :(

I wonder how the blur on projectors compare to say OLED
For good projectors, the blur is similar.

That being said, DLP uses temporal pixel pulsing and a color wheel, which means 240Hz DLP will have more artifacts than 240Hz OLED (pixel noise, contouring artifacts, color wheel, etc).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!