I found the solution to our 60hz strobing problems a Frame Gen / interpolation software that double FPS in every game

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Supermodel_Evelynn

I found the solution to our 60hz strobing problems a Frame Gen / interpolation software that double FPS in every game

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 29 Jan 2024, 11:02

There is a software on steam called Lossless_scaling for $7 it offers frame generation on any game and any content even those that are completely locked to 60 and doubles it to 120, the game logic and latency will remain at the original frame rate the game was designed at but it will display at 120 FPS giving you the same benefit of actually running it at 120 it takes very little resources to double your frame from 60 to 120. Something tells me this isn't the same as DLSS 3.5 or AMD FSR 3 or Intel XESS because all those GPU frame generation features cannot go above a locked frame rate like 60 FPS fighting games etc, but this one does!!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9930 ... s_Scaling/

Note I am NOT affiliated with this developer but from research I have done he is a supporter of the retro gaming community and he is well respected as being a person with our best interest in mind. Whether you think this should be free or not is up to you but it was the best $7 I ever spent in my life it solved my entire issue I spent my whole life trying to fix after the death of CRT.

Now the big issue with these new monitors all coming with backlight strobing etc almost none of them have 60hz strobe mode and we might be a long way off from ever having 1440p or 4K blurbuster 2.0 monitors

Note 4K is important if you are a retro gamer as it allows you to use CRT Royale shader to emulate phosphors etc identical to CRT only problem is you need Glossy OLED for the best experience but yeah if we are lucky maybe one day Mini LED with local dimming will have Strobing or BFI support who knows?

Anyways this program on steam creates frame generation for anything literally anything I assume it's doing interpolation like those TV with "true motion" marketing feature that eliminates judder, but those TVs are useless for gaming cause it introduces 100ms latency with interpolation mode.

This software because it's using your gaming PC's high end GPU and CPU there is very minimal lag it's barely noticeable at all.
I guess TV AI chips suck when doing Interpolation hence the lag
I tested this on multiple 60 FPS locked games and it converts it to 120 FPS it does the same with 30 FPS it makes it 60 FPS
Because it's able to turn on frame generation / interpolation on the fly I could see the difference in street fighter 6 become night and day.

It even works on youtube in your web browser when in full screen it doubles youtube 60 FPS content to 120 FPS in real time by just the press of a key and 30FPS to 60 FPS but you must set your monitor to 120HZ for this to work it doesn't seem to work when I have my monitor at 165hz.

I am NOT joking when a 60 FPS locked game turns into 120 FPS the difference is night and day when cammy is moving in Street fighter 6 her abs goes from blurry unrecognizable to very much defined and chiseled this as you know is because 120 FPS at 120HZ has much faster pixel transition, even OLED at 60 FPS is a complete blurry mess but going to 120 is night and day.

I turned on strobing in my gigabyte M27Q P 1440P gaming monitor in addition to this 120 FPS and then activated a BFI software ontop of that bringing the brightness down to 50 nits pretty much unusable.

The results? an amazing replication of the motion clarity my old Zenith 60HZ CRT I had in 1994 when I got Street Fighter 2 for SNES and gave me a glimpse of what I lost it was like looking into the past.

To me it's shocking to think that THIS is what it takes not just hardware strobing and software BFI COMBINED together BUT an addition of 120 FPS interpolation to speed up pixel transition time to come close to a CRT for a 60 FPS fighting game.

I wonder tho why he calls it frame generation instead of interpolation?

tong

Re: I found the solution to our 60hz strobing problems a Frame Gen / interpolation software that double FPS in every gam

Post by tong » 03 Mar 2024, 08:58

Post your results with the UFO test:
https://www.testufo.com/ghosting
It seems like exactly what the TINK4K does.

radeko

Re: I found the solution to our 60hz strobing problems a Frame Gen / interpolation software that double FPS in every gam

Post by radeko » 04 Apr 2024, 19:43

I have checked Losless scalling frame generation LSFG on 144hz LCD monitor. It is good for modern games. It converts 60fps to 120fps but in very fast motion retro games like sonic (sega) on retroarch there are problems. Smearing effect occurs on fast moving backgroud and everything looks bad. I prefere my plasma tv, which give me 240hz motion from 60hz(fps) .
You can also check sofware BFI in retroarch. It can be better than retroarch + LSFG