Best ULMB Monitor?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Bishi

Re: Best ULMB Monitor?

Post by Bishi » 19 Sep 2014, 11:47

Benq 2720Z is the best ULMB monitor IMO, it's also the brightest I have used. With Chief Blur Busters great tool and v2 firmware.
Better than FG2421

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Best ULMB Monitor?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 Sep 2014, 17:25

Edmond wrote:Feel free to correct me!
But i keep hearing that its not the same case with OLED, as it is with LCD.
5ms persistence is not the same thing as 5ms grey-to-grey (GtG) response

Even a sample-and-hold 60Hz LCD has 16.7ms of persistence, even if it has 0ms GtG.
Typical 60Hz LCDs have 16.7ms persistence, even if they are rated at 2ms GtG.

Non-strobed OLED can have motion blur, see Why Do OLEDs Have Motion Blur?. Even instant 0ms GtG pixel response can be very motion-blurry, if persistence is not addressed.

On non-strobed displays, persistence equals to the frame length (1/Hz).
On strobed displays, persistence equals strobe length, assuming one strobe per refresh/frame, framerate matching refreshrate.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!