[HDTVTest]Review First-Ever OLED Gaming Monitor with BFI (240Hz/ 120Hz)

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Kyouki

[HDTVTest]Review First-Ever OLED Gaming Monitor with BFI (240Hz/ 120Hz)

Post by Kyouki » 06 Feb 2024, 10:56

phpBB [video]
CPU: AMD R7 5800x3D ~ PBO2Tuner -30 ~ no C states
RAM: Gskill Bdie 2x16gb TridentZ Neo ~ CL16-16-16-36 1T ~ fine tuned latency
GPU: ASUS TUF 3080 10G OC Edition(v1/non-LHR) ~ disabled Pstates ~ max oced
Monitor: Alienware AW2521H ~ mix of ULMB/Gsync @ 240hz/360hz
More specs: https://kit.co/Kyouki/the-pc-that-stomps-you

nuninho1980

Re: [HDTVTest]Review First-Ever OLED Gaming Monitor with BFI (240Hz/ 120Hz)

Post by nuninho1980 » 07 Feb 2024, 04:23

Hello. We can't test the motion blur because the YT user doesn''t use pursuit any screen on BFI enabled. :?
CPU: [email protected]
RAM: 2x16GB DDR4@3600MHz
MB: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4
GPU: Zotac RTX 4090 non-OC new! <3 :D
Opt. disc: LG BD-RE writer BH16NS40
HDD: SATA 1TB
SSDs: OCZ RD400 0.5TB+Crucial MX500 2TB
PSU: AEROCOOL 1kW 80+ Gold
Disly: CRT 21" Sony E530 :D

RonsonPL

Post by RonsonPL » 07 Feb 2024, 12:48

His point of view is a non-gamer perspective. Over the past few years, he showed lack of knowledge and ignorance while discussing motion and features like BFI.
Sadly, it's one of those "movies only" guys, so he is not interested in motion representation topic, becausre movies are made at 24fps and 30fps, so without a chance of seeing clear image while tracking a moving object.
On the other hand, he's in love with HDR and this means he's actively hostile and discouraging when mentioning BFI and technologies like this, arguing that it's a useless feature because it's dimming the image way below what's required for exciting HDR.
Also, he's a profesional and therefore biased - he'll value true to reference color representation way above the perfect motion clarity, even if it had no flaws and compromises.
He actually focuses more on motion issues coming with PAL vs. NTSC television differences (50fps displayed at 60fps etc) to the point he sometimes seems to present THIS as his "motion" segment. Maybe he changed that till now, as I stopped watching his videos over a year ago.

He's a very popular youtuber. I hope he'll understand the value of clear motion soon. Television is becoming less and less important for TV buyers, so I hope he'll take care of gamer's perspective in the future. I hope I'll see him doing proper pursuit camera tests and with 2000pix/s, no less.

Hey Chief. Please wololo this guy to our side ;)

Supermodel_Evelynn

Post by Supermodel_Evelynn » 20 Feb 2024, 10:21

To be fair even hardware unboxed / monitor unboxed are also somewhat clueless on how to test motion blur they don't even use UFO Invasion full screen when doing strobing test. They also do not even do basic eyeball test of screen coating to let you know how bad the nasty matte haze is.

God I am so happy that QD OLED are now coming Glossy, sure it has a purple tint in bright rooms but I will take that anyday over the nasty arse Vaseline smeared feces coating known as matte. Why would anyone want that nastiness over their beautiful screen?
How come every device Apple makes comes with Glossy?

This honestly is also why I am not so excited for upcoming Blur Buster 2.0 monitors either, don't get me wrong I am excited for a 1440P 240 HZ or higher Blur Buster 2.0 27" monitor but when I think about that nasty matte coating it reminds me of why I need to just go with a QD OLED and done.

This is what also made me angry we don't have CRT options anymore because even if they tried to put this nasty matte coating on a CRT you know damn well you could just peel it off since the screen is glass. You can't do that with all LCD some of them you rip off the polarizer if you try to peel away the matte coat.

LG has a awesome Glossy Coating on their OLED TV, it darkens any light source hitting the screen and scores higher for reflection handling than any matte coating in the world.

scofozo

Post by scofozo » 15 Apr 2024, 11:47

Yeah it's unfortunate we've had this tech for 4 years and it hasn't been expanded upon, or even implemented in screens advertised as monitors til now, 4 years later. Really hoping we see 240hz BFI on a glossy screen so I can finally ditch this CRT, although I would have to start worrying about the performance of my graphic card, which luckily I'll never have to worry about on this CRT.