how have i done this

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
xmanz

how have i done this

Post by xmanz » 17 Sep 2014, 20:29

im on a new install win 7 64 so there was no remnants of old lightboost (asus vq24) but somehow when i was fiddling in colour profiles. i ended up with lightboost? theres no icons or anything but on pressing monitor key sure enough lb is alive and well?

And at the moment i cant turn it off if i wanted hotkey not present,, what do you think? thanx phil

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: how have i done this

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Sep 2014, 18:21

xmanz wrote:im on a new install win 7 64 so there was no remnants of old lightboost (asus vq24) but somehow when i was fiddling in colour profiles. i ended up with lightboost? theres no icons or anything but on pressing monitor key sure enough lb is alive and well?

And at the moment i cant turn it off if i wanted hotkey not present,, what do you think? thanx phil
Two methods.

1. Unplug and plug monitor. LightBoost will disappear.

2. Alternatively, simply Install ToastyX Strobelight (LightBoost HOWTO to gain the ability to turn ON/OFF LightBoost via an easy hotkey.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 21 Sep 2014, 02:07

Yeah if you had activated lightboost before, and never powercycled the monitor, lightboost remains unlocked and gets triggered whenever you use a resolution with a vertical total of I think, 1138 at 100hz, 1143 at 110hz and 1149 at 120hz.

xmanz

Post by xmanz » 21 Sep 2014, 23:34

ok thanx that clears up how it came about many thanx