ToastyX Strobelight makes second monitor go out of range

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
JohnnyKahnny

ToastyX Strobelight makes second monitor go out of range

Post by JohnnyKahnny » 18 Oct 2014, 12:54

I recently picked up an ASUS 248QE for its 144Hz capability and wanted to try lightboost on it. I have an AMD HD7870 so I can't use Nvidia lightboost techniques. I successfully installed strobelight (and rolled back to the old atiadlxy.dll file) and can get strobelight to enable, but whenever I do, my other monitor, an ASUS VH236H (60Hz), goes out of range. If I check its refresh rate in Windows, it is trying to run at 120Hz, which is obviously impossible.
My basic question is, is it possible to make strobelight only affect one monitor or am I missing something?

Also, when strobelight is on, Nvidia Lightboost doesn't show up as enabled on the 248QE OSD, which I understand should not be the case, according to http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/lightboost/. Could that be related, indicating some issue?

ToastyX

Re: ToastyX Strobelight makes second monitor go out of range

Post by ToastyX » 19 Oct 2014, 23:02

Strobelight should not affect the other monitor. It sounds like you installed the refresh rates on the VH236 instead of the VG248. Use the setup program to reset the VH236, and make sure to choose the VG248 when installing the refresh rates.

JohnnyKahnny

Re: ToastyX Strobelight makes second monitor go out of range

Post by JohnnyKahnny » 20 Oct 2014, 06:56

Yep, that did it. Thank you so much. Both monitors now work and Lightboost shows up in the menu on the VG248QE. I knew it had to just be something silly.