Can't turn off Lightboost

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
njspeed69

Can't turn off Lightboost

Post by njspeed69 » 20 Nov 2014, 22:00

Hey guys I've uninstalled Lightboost to the full extent that I can, but it's still not turning off on my monitor, the Benq XL2420T.

I've uninstalled the program.

I think there was a setting in msconfig that I turned off.

I've deleted all traces of the program from my PC.

I've left the monitor unplugged.

I've tried resetting the settings on the monitor.

"Enable Stereoscopic 3D" is NOT enabled in Nvidia Control Panel.

For a reboot or two, it actually did turn off - then it came back.

Changing hertz in Nvidia Control Panel to 60 does nothing - the monitor still shows it at 120 hz with Lightboost.

How can I FULLY get rid of Lightboost?

Falkentyne

Re: Can't turn off Lightboost

Post by Falkentyne » 20 Nov 2014, 22:39

You still have the resolutions with the 1149 vertical total tweaks in the registry and the Nvidia drivers keep using them (and activating lightboost since you do have an Nvidia card).

Download custom resolution utility from toastyX, run reset-all.exe, then run the driver restarter restart.zip from his page (or just reboot).

The lightboost resolutions will then be gone from the display registry.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Can't turn off Lightboost

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Nov 2014, 00:20

A quick way to turn off LightBoost is simply unplug the monitor from power, and plug it back in. This is a quick fix step.

Running reset-all.exe from ToastyX CRU, also works.

Another way to uninstall LightBoost is to simply run strobelight-setup.exe from ToastyX Strobelight. Run strobelight-setup.exe and reset the display. You'll get your modes back properly.

There are superior strobe backlights than LightBoost (better colors) buy a newer technology instead, see Official List of 120Hz+ Monitors.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!