Asus G750JH 2D Lightboost? HELP

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
KinqElessaR

Asus G750JH 2D Lightboost? HELP

Post by KinqElessaR » 28 Nov 2014, 07:23

Hi,
I have Asus g750jh laptop. It has 3d vision 2 screen without optimus. It supports Lightboost.
So I can enable 2d lightboost theoraticaly right?
I made a little experiment with ufotest when 3d is on. It was more smooth when 3d is on. So lightboost is working but I don't know how to enable it when playing 2d mode.
I tried play bf4 in 3d but zero 3d depth effect . It runs at 60fps. But screen was darker than I expected. And it was like v-sync is open and fraps showed only 60 fps.

There are lots of methods to enable 2d lightboost on this website but I don't know which is suitable for my laptop.
Please advice me some method so i can try it. I don't know what to do.

Thanks.

linear214

Re: Asus G750JH 2D Lightboost? HELP

Post by linear214 » 27 Dec 2014, 02:58

I would also like to know if lightboost is possible on laptops with 120Hz.

I have an Asus G750JX with a 120Hz display with a built-in IR emitter. The laptop does not have Optimus. The display is a Samsung SEC5044. The G750JH probably has the same one.

I have tried to use the Nvidia 3D vision method where you turn off the 3D using Ctrl + T once you enter a game. However it doesn't allow me to do that for some reason. The keyboard shortcut to turn off 3D is disabled, and cannot be set: http://i.imgur.com/75rosxa.png

Any idea on how to enable lightboost, if it's even possible?