Lightboost monitors BELOW 24 inches?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Dash

Lightboost monitors BELOW 24 inches?

Post by Dash » 13 Jan 2014, 21:40

I was looking at the list of lightboost monitors and strobe backlight monitors and it seems that all of them are 24" or 27". I know I am in the minority, but are gaming monitors below 24" completely a thing of the past now? For regular purposes I adore the size, but I find it overwhelmingly big for fast pace first person shooters. Even with my old 22" 2233rz, I prefer putting it half way off my desk. Doing so with this 24" monitor (the Eizo)...it's still a bit too close and feels wide for my gaming preferences..

mmmu

Re: Lightboost monitors BELOW 24 inches?

Post by mmmu » 14 Jan 2014, 09:14

The Samsung 23" monitors are probably as close as you're gonna get. Then again, the Eizo is only .5" bigger, so... Especially considering that going from the Eizo's motion blur reduction method will make you cry since the drop in image quality is so notable on the Samsung's motion blur reduction method.

Unless there's some monitor unbeknownst to me lurking somewhere... I don't know, you might be out of luck. Maybe someone else knows.