Unable to install

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
chelch

Unable to install

Post by chelch » 30 Jan 2015, 21:55

Hello,

Trying to install lightboost but having issues. I am running the setup file. I go ahead and install a strobed and non strobed hz. When I reboot there is no lightboost icon in the system tray...almost as if nothing installed. I have tried to run as admin but that had no effect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Specs:

Monitor: BENQ XL2420T
GPU: R9 290
Driver: 14.12 AMD Catalyst Omega Software

jaranis

Re: Unable to install

Post by jaranis » 23 Feb 2015, 16:11

Make sure you are running one of your strobed refresh rates you set at install. Sometimes my monitor starts up with a non-strobed refresh rate. Lightboost will be running whether or not strobelight.exe is running, but you can put a shortcut of strobelight.exe into your startup folder (%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup) so you can have the hotkeys at startup. I have the XL2420T too and you will see the Nvidia 3D light turn green once you are running a strobed refresh rate. Didn't even realize Lightboost was available on AMD cards until now..

jaranis

Re: Unable to install

Post by jaranis » 23 Feb 2015, 17:35

Actually check this post sounds like it's impossible to unlock Lightboost with AMD cards as I originally thought.

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1876