XL2720Z V004?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
davebruno

XL2720Z V004?

Post by davebruno » 22 Feb 2015, 06:04

Hi Guys,

Just bought the XL2720Z and have a few issues with it not being as effective as I expected :(

Firstly I can only run the old version of the blurbusters utility as upon opening the new version I get a error saying unfortunately it has stopped working and had to close, running the old version works though is there any downside to this?

Secondly I'm having an issue with the S-Switch, does using the utility break it or something? as it was seeming to work at first and now after 1 day if I use the S-Switch it crashes the monitor (buttons on monitor also stop working) until I unplug it and re-plug it in.

Thirdly the monitor I recived was not factory sealed as it had two lots of BenQ tape on it looking like a refurb or RMA, and also some itnernal packeging wasnt right (I already bought a BenQ monitor and it wasnt as perfectly packaged/some rips in packaging), Should I return it? I bought from CCL computers not Amazon or any big companies with clearly wrote out return polices but it was advertised as new..

The Firmware version is also showing V004 which is strange as I've been looking for threads mentioning this and cant find any mentions of this version :S.

Any links to the best colour settings for running with lightboost turned on would be appreciated too as it looks more washed out than my RL2455HM does which I was expecting better.

Thanks for any help or guidence.

Dave

davebruno

Re: XL2720Z V004?

Post by davebruno » 24 Feb 2015, 11:34

Anyone else got v004?