Benq XL2420Z firmware check?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
cadive

Benq XL2420Z firmware check?

Post by cadive » 06 Mar 2015, 09:51

I'm currently trying to check the firmware of my XL2420Z, however I encounter the following problem - after I turn the monitor off for 5 seconds, I cover the 4th button and then try to tap the power button. However, as long as I have covered any of the 5 touch buttons, the monitor just won't turn on. Am I perhaps doing anything wrong?

lexlazootin

Re: Benq XL2420Z firmware check?

Post by lexlazootin » 06 Mar 2015, 12:45

I don't quite understand the question but if you are having problems with your touch sensitive buttons, try unplugging your monitor and holding down your power button to discharge it for 10seconds then plugging it back in again.

cadive

Post by cadive » 06 Mar 2015, 13:48

LogicElite wrote:For bringing up the service menu on BENQ, the steps are:
1. Turn off your monitor (tap power and then wait 5 seconds) if it is already on.
2. Cover the MENU touch button (the 4th touch button out of 5, excluding power touch button)
3. While covering the MENU touch button, tap the power button.
4. Nothing will happen for 2 seconds. Ignore this hesistation.
5. All lights will flash simultaneously.
6. Release your finger off the MENU touch button.
7. Monitor will power up. Wait for the monitor to power on.
8. When the monitor is displaying computer desktop, tap the MENU button
9. Service menu will appear, showing firmware version of your monitor.
If the service menu doesn’t show up, something might be wrong. But try the above first.
Basically can't do step 3. While covering the MENU touch button tapping the power button doesn't seem to do anything. And yes I did wait. Other than that all of the touch buttons are perfectly functional.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 06 Mar 2015, 16:22

What happens if you 1) hold down the EXIT button (button #5) and tap power?
What happens if you hold down both menu and enter (enter is button #3) at the same time and tap power? (this combination brings up the second service menu with the burn-in option (for test mode when set to HDMI), as well as VGA gain options (not used on models without a vga/dsub input like 2730Z and 2430T) aka "Factory menu)
What about holding down enter (#3) and tapping power?

cadive

Post by cadive » 07 Mar 2015, 05:28

Tried wiith all the buttons, as you said I should and button #2 worked for me. My f/w version is v003 from 24.04.2014, so I guess I'm good to go with Lightboost. Thanks for helping me guys :)

Erebus Shadow

Post by Erebus Shadow » 17 May 2015, 13:06

cadive wrote:Tried wiith all the buttons, as you said I should and button #2 worked for me. My f/w version is v003 from 24.04.2014, so I guess I'm good to go with Lightboost. Thanks for helping me guys :)
This helped me a lot. Button 2 was exactly what I needed to do also. I have version 4. :-)

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 17 May 2015, 13:35

Nice!

Try the AMA Toggle and see if you like the extra improvements to blur reduction !

use this test.
http://www.testufo.com/#test=photo&phot ... &height=-1

1) First, turn OFF blur reduction.
2) Set refresh rate to 100hz, close and reopen internet explorer if necessary
3) Go to picture->AMA, set AMA to high
4) enable blur reduction.
5) View test page. Check for intensity of inverse ghosting (if it's going at 67 fps, reopen the browser)
6) Go back to picture OSD, AMA, high should be checked, press enter once (but not twice, HIGH should now be highlighted in yellow), then press "back" (NOT enter).
7) Screen should "refresh" briefly. if it did you did it correctly.
8) check for intensity of inverse ghosting of UFO's and vertical bars. If you like the change, test on other screens or in games.

This change gets 'reset' whenever resolution, brightness, refresh rate, strobe duty/phase/single strobe gets changed, even by one value.
Adjust contrast if you want to lower normal ghosting. If you start getting spectral glowing ghosting, contrast is too low.