Question regarding Benq Strobe Utility

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Sptz

Question regarding Benq Strobe Utility

Post by Sptz » 17 Mar 2015, 06:29

Hi guys,

I received my Benq xl2411z this weekend and I must say I am completely in awe with how ridiculously good and also somewhat nostalgic this makes me feel.

I used to play CS at a semi-pro level back in the day where CRT Monitors were still used in majors, I quit after LCDs came in play as the extreme input lag and ghosting was terrible and made the game not fun to me anymore. I'm now playing CSGO just for fun and with this monitor it does bring back fond memories!

I do have a question though, I am using the strobe utility @ 120hz, AMA High, Instant ON and custom ICC profile and would like to know if the persistence meter actually affects input lag or does it only affect the strobing to provide clearer motion?

Many thanks in advance.

masterotaku

Re: Question regarding Benq Strobe Utility

Post by masterotaku » 17 Mar 2015, 17:25

If you only compare it with other persistence settings, it's almost the same. I can see that when the crosstalk setting is at the left or somewhere around the middle, increasing persistence makes the crosstalk zone go down. That means it's reducing input lag just a bit (a tiny tiny amount).

It's more important the advantage you get when balancing brightness vs motion clarity. I'm part of the motion clarity team :P .

By the way, use VT tweaks in case you aren't doing it yet.
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz
GPU: Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws Z 3866MHz CL19
Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming M5 Z270
Monitor: Asus PG278QR

Sptz

Re: Question regarding Benq Strobe Utility

Post by Sptz » 18 Mar 2015, 04:53

masterotaku wrote:If you only compare it with other persistence settings, it's almost the same. I can see that when the crosstalk setting is at the left or somewhere around the middle, increasing persistence makes the crosstalk zone go down. That means it's reducing input lag just a bit (a tiny tiny amount).

It's more important the advantage you get when balancing brightness vs motion clarity. I'm part of the motion clarity team :P .

By the way, use VT tweaks in case you aren't doing it yet.
Thanks for your reply. I do have the persistence very low, like at around 1.2ms, can't remember where I have crosstalk but I can see that the "disruption" occurs at the bottom of the screen, so it doesn't bother me whatsoever.

I haven't used VT tweaks because from what I read it felt a bit of a hassle for something that might not make that much of a huge difference? I don't know, I might be wrong though.