Couple questions about ToastyX utility

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Shake

Couple questions about ToastyX utility

Post by Shake » 23 Jul 2015, 12:22

I have a VG248QE. In my monitor settings I see the nvidia lightboost setting, but I also have the ToastyX utility installed. I used lightboost for a while but now want to try playing without it so I can compare it to 144hz. I opened up the strobelight setup exe and ticked reset this display, then rebooted my PC, but the strobelight utility is still in my tray and it still says that strobelight is on (and visually I think that it is on) is the strobelight utility supposed to run on startup even after you reset your display? Should I just uninstall it?

My second question is, what is the difference between using the ToastyX utility and using Nvidia Lightboost? Is the utility just a means of configuring lightboost? Is there a way to configure it through my monitor settings so I can turn it off and on easily and not have to use the utility?

Thanks!