Settings on ASUS VG278HE

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
MaFIa

Settings on ASUS VG278HE

Post by MaFIa » 23 Jan 2014, 12:23

Hello

I will get my new monitor tomorrow ASUS VG278HE

I understand there is a difference if the light boost is on or off

How should settings be, and why has it not always to be active?

Thx

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Settings on ASUS VG278HE

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Jan 2014, 13:25

MaFIa wrote:Hello
I will get my new monitor tomorrow ASUS VG278HE
I understand there is a difference if the light boost is on or off
How should settings be, and why has it not always to be active?
Thx
Some questions and answers are found in the LightBoost HOWTO and the LightBoost FAQ.
LightBoost elimination of motion blur gives you much clearer motion during triple-digit frame rates during panning/strafing/turning, which benefits fast-paced gaming such as FPS and racing.

LightBoost pros: Elimination of motion blur
LightBoost cons: Darker image, colors can be affected, flicker

You will want to test http://www.testufo.com/photo while turning ON/OFF LightBoost via ToastyX Strobelight. The utility makes it easy to turn ON/OFF via a hotkey or via mouse click. You can keep it on 24/7 if you don't mind the cons. I actually keep it on 24/7 as a preference. Others like to turn it off when exiting a game.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

MaFIa

Re: Settings on ASUS VG278HE

Post by MaFIa » 23 Jan 2014, 14:09

Dammm it is great with such a quick response to questions I have.

1000 thanks for this and the help