ROLL CALL: Who uses LightBoost=10%?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Oofloom

Re: ROLL CALL: Who uses LightBoost=10%?

Post by Oofloom » 24 Jan 2014, 02:33

Q83Ia7ta wrote:I dont use Lightboost due tiny but noticeable input lag. And i know much more ppl who don't use it (same reasons) than ppl who use Lightboost. I'm not newbie to Lightboost. Tried it several times during the year. :\
BenQ XL2411T
That worries me a little. The upcoming XL2411Z (the new version of the XL2411T) is the only ULMB monitor I have hope for precisely because it's supposed to be just as low-lag as the XL2411T.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jan 2014, 02:36

Oofloom wrote:That worries me a little. The upcoming XL2411Z (the new version of the XL2411T) is the only ULMB monitor I have hope for precisely because it's supposed to be just as low-lag as the XL2411T.
You must mean the XL2411G, not the XL2411Z.
The GSYNC/ULMB versions of the BENQ monitors are not the Z-suffix monitors.

Personally, given the choice, I would choose ULMB over BENQ Blur Reduction due to the better quality 85/100/120Hz strobing, but there is a lot more flexibility in BENQ Blur Reduction (adjustable persistence in the new firmware).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Oofloom

Post by Oofloom » 24 Jan 2014, 02:54

I haven't heard of it referred to as the "G" - just the "Z" Link 1 Link 2. I may be incorrect in referring to them as ULMB monitors though. They have a strobe mode, but apparently don't feature g-sync. I thought you guys were using "ULMB" to refer to non-Lightboost-hack strobe modes in general.
Last edited by Oofloom on 24 Jan 2014, 03:10, edited 1 time in total.

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 24 Jan 2014, 03:08

Oofloom wrote:The upcoming XL2411Z (the new version of the XL2411T) is the only ULMB monitor I have hope for precisely because it's supposed to be just as low-lag as the XL2411T.
ULMB is a part of GSYNC tech. XL2411Z haven't GSYNC. Many people didn't even notice this tiny input lag with Lightboost. As far as i know at the moment any blur reduction technology like Lightboost or ULMB or BenQ's Blur Reduction have tiny input lag and faster than Lightboost (on XL2411T or VG248QE) is only BenQ's blur reduction on XL2720Z due changeable strobe length. Correct me if i'm wrong, Mark.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jan 2014, 03:31

Oofloom wrote:I thought you guys were using "ULMB" to refer to non-Lightboost-hack strobe modes in general.
ULMB is NVIDIA's name for the strobe mode included in G-SYNC monitors.
The Z series uses "BENQ Blur Reduction", while not as strobe-crosstalk-free as LightBoost/ULMB, have much more adjustable persistence.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

lowfat

Post by lowfat » 24 Jan 2014, 12:27

Always use 10%. Honestly it is too bright for me. I wish I could drop it even lower. :?

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 24 Jan 2014, 16:18

I almost exclusively use G-sync now, but when I did try Lightboost, I used 10% mostly because the brightness was much more comfortable. This monitor has an extremely bright backlight and short of using it in direct sunlight, I don't know why I'd ever turn the brightness up from the lowest setting.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jan 2014, 16:22

nimbulan/lowfat, mind if you comment on the motion blur reductions of doing LightBoost=10%?

(Mental note to self: Tell NVIDIA there's wide demand for wider brightness dimming range, down to ~10cd/m2. We've got people who prefer dimmer screens, similiar to iPads lowered to near-minimum brightness settings)

cheneric

Post by cheneric » 24 Jan 2014, 21:08

I use 10%. I want the lowest motion blur I can get and the brightness doesn't bother me at all. I'm looking forward to ULMB being able to adjust this also if it does indeed lower motion blur.

PoWn3d_0704

Post by PoWn3d_0704 » 24 Jan 2014, 22:26

I always used 10% Lightboost. Now with GSync and ULMB, I mostly Stick to GSync. The extra motion blur was a little disappointing for a bit, but I am used to it now. I would love to use both Gsync and ULMb. Ultimate monitor.
Asus VG248QE with GSync. Blur Busters GSync Contest Winner.