ROLL CALL: Who uses LightBoost=10%?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
TkBaha85

Re: ROLL CALL: Who uses LightBoost=10%?

Post by TkBaha85 » 10 Apr 2014, 08:38

im using 10% LightBoost, because everything higher is too bright for me and motion clarity is the best, even 10% is too bright for desktop use, im only playing with LightBoost, i cant stand that brightnees while surfing around the web and example reading BlurBusters/forum

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Apr 2014, 08:42

TkBaha85 wrote:im using 10% LightBoost, because everything higher is too bright for me and motion clarity is the best, even 10% is too bright for desktop use, im only playing with LightBoost, i cant stand that brightnees while surfing around the web and example reading BlurBusters/forum
You'd be very interested in BENQ Blur Reduction with Strobe Utility.
It much wider persistence adjustment range can go dimmer than LightBoost 10%, all the way through brighter than LightBoost 100%.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

TkBaha85

Post by TkBaha85 » 14 Apr 2014, 07:41

Chief Blur Buster wrote: You'd be very interested in BENQ Blur Reduction with Strobe Utility.
It much wider persistence adjustment range can go dimmer than LightBoost 10%, all the way through brighter than LightBoost 100%.
yes, Benq Blur Reduction is what i want :) but i will wait another 2-3months i think, to be sure that i will have ability to buy with .v2 firmware

for now in my country there is lots of .v1

random

Post by random » 27 Jun 2014, 04:24

I notice a lot of you prefers 10% even though its very dim and it futher reduces contrast ergo depth recognition etc.
From a view of competitive gaming i find this a little odd to sacrifice contrast, worst view of dark spots (you can compensate with software brightness but you also even further reduce depth then), and what troubles me most and i miss is a study about how lower screen brightness affects our response time/reflex .... just to gain a little more blur free picture thats already MUCH more crisp compares to a normal 120hz monitor even with 100% and i think you can hardly appreciate the difference in crispness in an action full environment or waiting for that peek around the corner.

any thoughts on it ?

flood

Post by flood » 27 Jun 2014, 21:13

random wrote:what troubles me most and i miss is a study about how lower screen brightness affects our response time/reflex
there are many studies of this; check on google (reaction time brightness)

wow I even found a whole book studying reaction time
http://books.google.com/books?id=3gsuAA ... &q&f=false

here's another interesting link
http://webvision.med.utah.edu/book/part ... esolution/

R1!

Post by R1! » 04 Jul 2014, 17:01

I use 10%

click4dylan

Post by click4dylan » 04 Jul 2014, 23:25

I use 10% on my XL2420TE and it's still too bright for me. I'm wondering though, i had my monitor swapped because the first one had a defective OSD (although the monitor still worked), and both of them the colors turn so badly pink with lightboost enabled that it's absolutely impossible to even look at the desktop, much less play a game without a massive color profile change. My red's are literally down at least 30% the normal value, and greens as well. I now have it at a decent color quality. It looks like utter garbage in comparison to my old ASUS VE258Q, but at least doesn't have that horrible pink tint. But now the colors are so washed out that blacks are light gray. It's impossible to get decent color on this thing. Even without lightboost, the colors are almost tinted yellowish blue. No amount of tweaking can get it to look anywhere near the quality of my VE258Q which was also a TN panel.

Human 2.0

Post by Human 2.0 » 03 Aug 2014, 11:14

I use 10% on Asus VG248QE. Very pleased!
Again, big props to Toasty for his utility, and the option to turn off strobing in a matter of seconds.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Aug 2014, 12:38

In the dark, when playing at home at night, even LightBoost 10% is too bright for some people (1.4ms strobe)

When playing at a LAN party under bright convention center lighting, it is way too dark,mand you will prefer to turn off LightBoost anyway. So it depends on the current gaming environment, and person-specific sensitivity to brightness.

But if you want to darken your screen even further, while you love strobing, there are new models of monitors that allow you to go below "LightBoost 10%". They include BENQ Z-Series as well as the ASUS ROG. Both of them can go to strobe lengths of 0.5ms (or less), which is about one-third the brightness of LightBoost 10%. And three times clearer motion, which some super-motion-sensitive people still notice versus LightBoost 10%! (Ultra subtle, but affects fast 180-degree flicks and other fast motion).

(These other monitors are also at http://www.blurbusters.com/faq/120Hz-monitors/ ...)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

DICKTracy

Post by DICKTracy » 04 Aug 2014, 05:56

Chief Blur Buster wrote:there are new models of monitors that allow you to go below "LightBoost 10%". They include BENQ Z-Series as well as the ASUS ROG. Both of them can go to strobe lengths of 0.5ms (or less)
WHAT?? I didnt know tat the ROG did adjustable strobing??!!?? :D :D :D :D :D