Blur buster strobe not working

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
JED

Blur buster strobe not working

Post by JED » 08 Sep 2015, 10:09

Hi my blur buster strobe is not working

got the xl2720z BenQ Firmware V4

Falkentyne

Re: Anyone know how to have this colors and gamma thing

Post by Falkentyne » 08 Sep 2015, 10:44

Wrong section for this type of question. Please don't spam the same question in multiple threads.

I was replying to the question you asked about the guy in the video. Yet I came back and saw the youtube link you posted is gone? o.o

He simply has Black equalizer set to 20, most likely (FPS or RTS benq gaming presets; does not apply to XL2430T)

JED

Re: Blur buster strobe not working

Post by JED » 08 Sep 2015, 11:35

even with the black equalizer i dont have the same images

JED

Post by JED » 08 Sep 2015, 11:40

ending this post

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 08 Sep 2015, 13:41

JED wrote:even with the black equalizer i dont have the same images
Was busys,
But you are not going to get the same images as other people.
First you have to experiment with FPS and RTS Gaming modes. The low level color calibrations for FPS and RTS mode are different than standard mode. It takes too long to test this on the "Burn in" factory menu test (since you don't have access to the OSD to change the display mode presets).

However if you don't have a registered AIDA64 version (this program has a monitor /color/calibration test tool), you can use "Eizo Monitor test"

http://www.eizo.be/support/monitortest.html

In each mode on your Benq, set the RGB values to 100,100,100 in picture (color temperature). Set brightness to 100 and contrast to 50 (you will notice that the contrast defaults to 71, which causes white crush. However with the default "user" color settings, which are set lower than maximum, this is (mostly) ok, although these settings are tuned for gaming. But raising color to 100,100,100 with contrast 71 causes crush, you need to drop it to 50).

Set identical color and contrast values for all of the blur reduction modes (Standard, FPS 1, FPS2, RTS), then run Eizo monitor test and test how the color shades change with each preset.

Note that there is also a CS:Go (FPS) profile available for download on the Benq website (gaming.benq.com). You can try that also, which will be flashed into the monitor by the program (you don't need display pilot for this).

Then in the gaming modes, experiment with the black equalizer (most likely at 20 so you can see things in dark areas) along with other color settings until you get something you like.

Can't tell you anything else.