Problem with my HDMI on BENQ XL2720Z

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
snapshow

Problem with my HDMI on BENQ XL2720Z

Post by snapshow » 29 Jan 2014, 21:47

This is great info , thanks for the heads up but I have a different problem with this monitor, I cant get my HDMI to work, is this a bug? I can't seem to get any help from BenQ and my frustration grows, how hard can it be to plug a cable in, I am using GTX780 and had no issues with my old Samsung monitor, this one wont even detect it? Am I missing something here, I am stuck using a DVI input, but find it strange that it wont detect My HDMI? Anybody else have an issue with this?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Problem with my HDMI on BENQ XL2720Z

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 Jan 2014, 22:07

(I've split your post to a separate thread)

Did you try to change input via BENQ Menu -> System -> Input?

Have you tried:
- A different HDMI cable?
- Multiple different HDMI devices?

If none works, your input might be defective. Return to your store for a warranty claim/exchange.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

snapshow

Post by snapshow » 29 Jan 2014, 22:10

yup tried all the above...just keeps changing it back to DVI input cause it will not detect the cable, I tried 3 cables..I guess it couold be defective..is there software or drivers for this monitor...thanks for the reply..

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 Jan 2014, 22:15

Correct menu, multiple cables, and multiple devices?
Here, it does appear that a possible warranty claim/exchange is in order.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!