Asus VG278H: 3D works but testufo shows only 60hz?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
tezzlacoil

Asus VG278H: 3D works but testufo shows only 60hz?

Post by tezzlacoil » 09 May 2016, 06:47

Hi all,

i have an Asus VG278H, 120hz with built in emitter. I had an r9 280x and i read strobelight doesnt work with the above monitor and ati - so i was going to switch to an nvidia but thought i might as well test it first so i whacked in an old nvidia gpu i had lying around (gtx 460)

I tested out the toastyX App (just forced it at 120hz) and also the alternate using 3d glasses

Using the 3D glasses method seems to work, as i can see 3D working when i test it in nvidia control panel, and when i load up CSGO it goes to 3D mode, then when i hit CTL T the 3D disables (and i see my fps spike up).....BUT when i alt tab out and load up the TestUFO Motion test, it always only shows 60hz??

Am i doing something wrong? lol is it working ingame? I feel like im going totally crazy staring at this screen and trying to figure this out :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: !

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Terry

tezzlacoil

Re: Asus VG278H: 3D works but testufo shows only 60hz?

Post by tezzlacoil » 12 May 2016, 06:08

Ok maybe i need to be a bit more specific

Im considering buying an nvidia gpu so i can get the 120hz refresh rate and lightboost. I was going to grab a gtx 750 as i mainly play csgo and starcraft2 so dont need anything too beefy and with them being 2 gens old now, they are pretty affordable.

I am a little concerned though that theres an issue with my monitor or something else that is stopping me from getting 120hz on the UFO Test with the old gtx 460, and that a newer gtx 750 will have the same issue and therefore be a waste of money and im going to need to upgrade my monitor anyway.

In which case it'd make more sense to keep my r9 280x and just get a 144hz monitor that is compatible with ati cards and i wont have to do any weird workarounds to get the higher refresh rate.

Not sure if anyone can help or has any ideas

Cheers,

Terry

lexlazootin

Re: Asus VG278H: 3D works but testufo shows only 60hz?

Post by lexlazootin » 14 May 2016, 00:25

So you're having problems enabling 120hz?

Have you tried enabling 120/144hz in your Nvidia/AMD control panel? Also check in Display setting in windows to change the refresh rate of your monitor.