ULMB randomly break on s2716dg?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
thismath7

ULMB randomly break on s2716dg?

Post by thismath7 » 20 Jun 2016, 22:45

I have a new monitor and I've been testing ULMB, Gsync, standard fixed refresh, etc.

When I have using ULMB mode on a s2716sg monitor, it was slightly dimmer and slightly less saturated. Not a big deal at all really. Then randomly today in Overwatch, I was touching the monitor setting to change the Pulse Width and I hit "reset display" by accident.

I don't know if this is what caused it, but now ULMB mode is reaaaaally dark. I was using a Nvidia control panel specific profile for Overwatch (because I dont want ULMB in my other apps) so I tried resetting that to fixed refresh, then back to ULMB, but everything is still super dark. I can't get the ULMB to look like it did when I have been using in the last two days.

How do I get it to look like it previously did? If anything, the pulse width is now at 100 (I had it at 80) and it is SIGNIFICANTLY darker than it was. Like, unusable dark. It used to be fine.

Any thoughts?