NEW 2017 Motion Blur Reduction FAQ

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

NEW 2017 Motion Blur Reduction FAQ

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Mar 2017, 12:34

There is now a new 2017 Display Motion Blur Reduction FAQ about monitors that has LightBoost, NVIDIA Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB), EIZO Turbo240, LG Motion 240, BENQ Blur Reduction / DyAc, etc. It also helps to explain what strobe crosstalk is, and the pros/cons of Blur Reduction. Check it out:

2017 Motion Blur Reduction FAQ

Also, if you are looking to figure out which monitor models has Blur Reduction (ULMB, LightBoost, BENQ DyAc, etc) -- including 144Hz, 165Hz, 240Hz monitrs -- check out our newly updated gaming monitor list.

2017 Official List of Gaming Monitors with Blur Reduction
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: NEW 2017 Motion Blur Reduction FAQ

Post by RealNC » 26 Mar 2017, 12:51

As far as I know, the Viewsonic XG2703 (FreeSync) does not exist and has been canceled by ViewSonic. Only the "-GS" (G-Sync) model exists.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Mar 2017, 16:41

RealNC wrote:As far as I know, the Viewsonic XG2703 (FreeSync) does not exist and has been canceled by ViewSonic. Only the "-GS" (G-Sync) model exists.
Thank you, monitor list has been edited! This particular list is supposed to include all known monitors (on Amazon) that either (A) 100Hz+ with Blur Reduction or (B) Capable of a refresh rate above >144Hz. Unreleased (whether vaporware or newly announced) are not supposed to be included on this particular page, thanks! Generally, monitor has to be 100Hz or above to be included on this particular page.

There is also a relatively complete list of G-SYNC monitors here (including those without ULMB):
Official List of G-SYNC Monitors

I have an additional list of FreeSync-only monitors that are not included. A list of FreeSync monitors will be published online soon as well.

Corrections are welcome!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

igluk

Post by igluk » 26 Mar 2017, 17:39

I really like the new design. :D
The blur reduction list is still missing some monitors: Samsung C27FG70, LG 38UC99 (75Hz) and LG 24GM79G

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Mar 2017, 18:02

igluk wrote:I really like the new design. :D
The blur reduction list is still missing some monitors: Samsung C27FG70, LG 38UC99 (75Hz) and LG 24GM79G
Thanks, appreciate your heads up!
With hundreds of "Better Than 60Hz" models (Some barely so -- e.g. 1080p 60Hz FreeSync) -- it can be hard to keep track.

C27FG70 -- Added, thanks!
24GM79G -- Already have it noted offline. New model not on Amazon yet.
38UC99 -- Already have it noted offline. Excluding till tested; due to only 75Hz & reportedly excessive strobe crosstalk (unadjustable)

vadmitleo

Post by vadmitleo » 25 Aug 2017, 07:35

Please tell me how to enable the LightBoost for Samsung C27FG70FQI?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Sep 2017, 18:31

vadmitleo wrote:Please tell me how to enable the LightBoost for Samsung C27FG70FQI?
For Samsung, see: http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3544

whitestar

Post by whitestar » 02 Jul 2021, 03:43

Regarding that list of blur reduction monitors, shouldn't Benq EX2510 and EX2710 be on it (and EX2780Q)?
Also, would it be possible to list at which refresh rates blur reduction works for each monitor?