Restore vg248qe EDID

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
hashish

Restore vg248qe EDID

Post by hashish » 15 Feb 2014, 12:15

So I reinstalled windows for a clean install, but my monitor still shows ancor communications and I'm having some glitches with the lightboost where its on all the time even when I don't want it on. I tried to reset and uninstall with strobelight but it still shows the wrong edid.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Restore vg248qe EDID

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Feb 2014, 13:33

There are several methods:

1. Uninstall the monitor INF file. (Clean and best method)
- Find all copies of the Old LightBoost EDID override file, containing light boost in filename (search for *lightboost*.inf in Find Files in Windoes Explorer, starting at C:\, checkbox for search subfolders enabled). and delete them, as they were obsolete when ToastyX came out.
- Then go to Device Manager, and delete your monitor. Reboot, and your VG248QE will be detected. Search again for the old INF file (Find Files, whole drive, c:\) containing the word "lightboost", and delete those.
- Reboot, and your monitor will initialize normally.
- Install strobelight for easy LightBoost when you need it.

-or-

1. Install regular 120hz via ToastyX strobelight-setup (Install both strobed and non-strobed modes)
2. Switch to 120hz regular that way

-or-

1. Unplug monitor from power for 5 seconds to disable LightBoost, as a last resort.
- This will cause slow strobelight reinitialization, next time you turn on LightBoost for the first time, but if you are desperate, the unplug method is guaranteed to turn off LightBoost.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!