ULMB 60Hz Guide

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
KuraiShidosha

Re: ULMB 60Hz Guide

Post by KuraiShidosha » 15 Nov 2017, 02:39

Chief Blur Buster wrote: Yes, the GearVR strobing mode hack. Lots of fun on Android OLED phones!

Did you do the VT trick in NVIDIA Control Panel, or via ToastyX?

The VT tricks are MUCH more reliable in ToastyX. (That said: With that, you need to reboot or run restart64.exe for it to take effect -- a little more cumbersome but ToastyX more reliably forces resolutions through to the monitor -- NVIDIA sometimes secretly filters certain CRU settings unbeknownst to us because of a limitation or GPU scaling or other weird interaction).
If by ToastyX you mean CRU then yes I did try it in there. No dice.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Apr 2018, 17:11

UPDATE!

I've created improved visual instructions for the ULMB 60 Hz Hack.

HOWTO: 60 Hz ULMB Hack

Please let me know if my new HOWTO helps you!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ELK

Post by ELK » 11 Dec 2018, 23:03

Hi Chief Blur bluster! I have an older gsync monitor around the same era as yours. It is an OLD acer XB270H. They keep making new monitors and calling them all XB270H. Mine is over 4 years old. I followed the guide and I get "no signal" error. I tried using 120hz and 100hz timing for a 85hz mode, a 70hz mode, and tons of other modes totally maybe 20 attempts. I kept playing around trying to get numbers to be similar yet increased VT. 0 luck.

I believe you are right. Old GSYNC models like ours cannot use this tweak for to achieve 60HZ or decreased input lag.

edit: this is off topic but there is somebody creating an fps limiter that knows massively more than me on the geforce forums. I showed him GeDoSaTo's predictive fps limiter but he said he tried a few methods one being similar to GeDoSaTo's method. He said they cause issues when using gsync or vsync. I have read many of your articles but maybe you know more yourself and could help him create the world's best fps limiter.

edit2: here is the link to the thread.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... directx/1/

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Dec 2018, 23:16

Alas, yes, the ULMB 60Hz trick doesn't work on older GSYNC monitors.

I've never gotten ULMB 60Hz trick to work on 2013-era or 2014-era 144Hz 1080p GSYNC monitors.

However, we've found the ULMB 60Hz trick consistently worked on 165Hz and 240Hz GSYNC monitors.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!