What monitor for ~$500? Main priority is CSGO

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
fliperpl

What monitor for ~$500? Main priority is CSGO

Post by fliperpl » 12 Oct 2017, 11:08

Hey guys
im looking for best monitor that we can get for FPS games, for me it will be CSGO

As far i see, for my budget and preferences the best are benq xl2540 and benq xl2546
Is worth buying 2546 over 2540? In my shop i have discount for 2540 ($40 less)

Im playing CSGO at 1600x900, my pc is able to hold 240+fps (gtx1060 xtreme gaming, i5 6600k 4.5ghz, 8gb ram)
or maybe do u have other offers? pg258q is too expensive

lexlazootin

Re: What monitor for ~$500? Main priority is CSGO

Post by lexlazootin » 12 Oct 2017, 11:23

Get what ever 240hz monitor you want, all use the same panel and all have the colour configuration gimics in the OSD. The main thing is the features you want, the 2546 as a new black light strobing tech which is different from the 2540. I'm not 100% sure it doesn't anything tho.

The only thing i would avoid is the AOC free-sync one as that drops frames if you don't fix it with some configuring.

Free-Sync and G-Sync are pretty dope if you like tear-free low latency experience tho.

fliperpl

Post by fliperpl » 12 Oct 2017, 15:20

lexlazootin wrote:Get what ever 240hz monitor you want, all use the same panel and all have the colour configuration gimics in the OSD. The main thing is the features you want, the 2546 as a new black light strobing tech which is different from the 2540. I'm not 100% sure it doesn't anything tho.

The only thing i would avoid is the AOC free-sync one as that drops frames if you don't fix it with some configuring.

Free-Sync and G-Sync are pretty dope if you like tear-free low latency experience tho.
to be honest i dont know what features do i want
i just want to have lowest inputlag and best image quality for FPS games that gives me advantage in game.

To be honest if i can save some money for same image experience then i am up to it, but which monitor will give me it?

mello

Post by mello » 12 Oct 2017, 15:57

240Hz monitor definitely. https://www.blurbusters.com/faq/120hz-monitors/

BenQ ZOWIE XL2540, BenQ ZOWIE XL2546 or AOC AGON AG251FZ.
Last edited by mello on 12 Oct 2017, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 Oct 2017, 16:38

Input lag of 240Hz is extremely low but not perfectly identical among all the 240Hz monitors, from what I've found out.

However, the BenQ/Zowies were tested and are essentially realtime scanout. I haven't heard anything yet about the AOC if it uses the same realtime scanout (rolling line buffer processing, instead of full framebuffer processing) that the BenQ/Zowies do and many GSYNC/FreeSync monitors also do. You can turn off GSYNC/FreeSync if needed too. And blur reduction modes are optional as well (though they're getting nearly lagless in the BenQ 240Hz monitors). The XL2546 is more expensive but provides brighter blur reduction strobing capability, which can be beneficial.

In your price range:
- BenQ Zowie XL2546 - 240Hz / DyAc(240Hz) / FreeSync
- BenQ Zowie XL2540 - 240Hz / BR(240Hz) / FreeSync

Slightly above you price range, but has GSYNC benefits:
- Acer Predator XB252Q - 240Hz / ULMB(144Hz) / G-SYNC
- Acer Predator XB272 - 240Hz / ULMB(144Hz) / G-SYNC
- AOC AG251FG - 240Hz / ULMB(144Hz) / G-SYNC
- ASUS PG258Q - 240Hz / ULMB(144Hz) / G-SYNC
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

fliperpl

Post by fliperpl » 13 Oct 2017, 05:14

what do u think about AOC AGON AG251FZ vs BenQ ZOWIE XL2546? Difference in price is huge, but does it have really benefits?
To be fair i want to play CSGO at some higher levels (10lvl faceit, polish pro league) so if benq has more benefits in game feeling then ill buy benq

as far i know every gaming benq monitor players are fine with that (yeah i know that players doesnt know anything about monitors) but sometimes they are mad when not playing at benq's

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 13 Oct 2017, 09:53

yeah i know that players doesnt know anything about monitors
You're right, they don't.

The older cheaper benqs are purposefully mis-configured too look like shit and then they say it's "configured by pros". With their awful overdrive and configuration with some of their monitors they are not the first monitor i would pick.

A Benq monitor isn't going to make you play better or any better then any other monitor, but saying that UNLESS you want to use Benq's strobe back lighting Blur-Reduction it doesn't really matter which one you pick.

You will have to fix the Frame Skipping on the AOC tho.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Oct 2017, 10:31

ASUS / ViewSonic had the best colors out-of-the-box, better than BenQ/Zowie.

One earlier AOC monitor had higher input lag (their first 144Hz monitor) than current BenQ/Zowie 144Hz monitors, so I'm quite anxious to see head-to-head input lag measurements of AOC vs BenQ. But I currently do trust BenQ 240Hz lag: It's really good. BenQ's first 240Hz monitor hit input lag correctly on the first try, so they clearly have at least good input lag experience on their staff, which can be quite a consideration for competitive gamers.

I think AOC is quite fine, they are learning fast, but they've had more eSports-critical engineering glitches. Multiple times in multiple models. Input lag, and frame skipping. More than the average BenQ/Zowie monitor -- even the XL2720Z v1 wasn't as bad as the AOC glitches I've come across in the past (the "144Hz behaves like 60Hz" frameskipping bug was quite a bad firmware bug in the early AOCs, and their non-GSYNC monitor still frameskips (refresh-cycle-skips) occasionally in non-FreeSync mode. Fortunately, it's fixable via a CRU fix -- the AOC EDID for 240Hz timings frameskips -- so you need to enter your own 240Hz timings that doesn't frameskip.

Currently, in the 240Hz stratosphere, you generally get what you pay for. The XL2540 (predecessor to XL2546) is a good cost savings over XL2546, so Chief Blur Busters "low price 240Hz" recommendation would tend to lean towards the XL2540 if you care more about competitive concerns instead of color quality concerns.

For better color at a great price, I also like the ViewSonic XG2530 as well for its good "out of box" TN colors. Current firmware does not frame skip, and the early firmware is also fixable via CRU tweak.

Also, BenQ/Zowie currently has the lowest strobed lag in the industry, so if you want motion blur reduction then it's certainly a great option to have.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

fliperpl

Post by fliperpl » 13 Oct 2017, 14:20

okey lets say that i dont care about colors

thats what i am looking for is clear and fast screen that doesnt stutter and doesnt make picture blurry
also im looking for eye-care monitor, because i will be using it with games for 5-10h from time to time

for now i am using lg 34ug79b that has very cool color, deep black but it is hurting eyes - for normal use i need to lower brightness and use black stabilizer 100% and picture quality is going down with that

Also what do u think about samsung C27FG73FQUX or C24FG73FQUX ?? I know that in fast games VA will be blurry sometimes

fliperpl

Post by fliperpl » 16 Oct 2017, 11:07

any informations about Dell Alienware AW2518Hf?
looks sick and price is fine as well