AOC AG251FG 240HZ ULMB?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
NoMaD.oW

AOC AG251FG 240HZ ULMB?

Post by NoMaD.oW » 28 Nov 2017, 20:50

Okay so, having bought the AOC AG251FG, I wanted to give the ULMB a try, having expierenced how awesome Gsync was with 240hz.
But to my surprise it seems to still be on 240hz? Or does it actually drop it, It does feel slightly different to 240hz with Gsync on and I can't seem to tell the difference to 240hz with Gsync on vs ULMB.

What I do know that generally the 240hz with Gsync (237fps cap) does feel way more fluid especially motion-wise than my old 144hz monitor. Could also very well be that my LG monitor was just cheap and not comparable.

TLDR: AOC AG251FG, ULMB Mode , is it 240hz? It seems to still pick 240hz, but it feels different and slightly sluggish to 240hz / Gsync

Edit nevermind, I just noticed it only supports 120hz because you still have to enable it in the Monitor settings. Which, I didn't so the option was also greyed out until I did. Also dropping back down to 120hz for ULMB definitely was a somewhat noticeable. So I guess it's not the most desirable option.

Guess I think 240hz + Gsync is my desired option because the blur reduction adds almost identical 360 visibility as the 120hz/ULMB although a bit less Sluggish? If that makes sense.