LG 24GM79 strobing implementation quality?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
dogroll

LG 24GM79 strobing implementation quality?

Post by dogroll » 20 Dec 2017, 14:19

Does anyone have experience with the 24GM79 and its strobing? The old 24GM77 had a mediocre strobing implementation, but there have been unconfirmed improvements to LG's strobing since then.

After using an XG2401 for some time, I have decided that I cannot tolerate the motion blur of regular sample-and-hold image presentation...

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: LG 24GM79 strobing implementation quality?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Dec 2017, 21:13

-- The best I've currently seen are NVIDIA's ULMB and Samsung's Blur Reduction.

-- BenQ Blur Reduction / DyAC are calibrate-able, so it can get really good after quite some manual tweaking (www.blurbusters.com/strobe-utility and www.blurbusters.com/crosstalk)

-- The rest (ASUS ELMB, LG Motion Blur, etc) are not calibrateable, and I've heard they're not as good.

Eventually, I look forward to having one monitor of each strobing technology during 2018 for strobing head-to-head tests. LG monitors are still great for many things, but if motion blur reduction is your numero uno priority...
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

wiraxbox363

Re: LG 24GM79 strobing implementation quality?

Post by wiraxbox363 » 09 Jan 2018, 21:13

espero que usted los consiga pronto