A New Experience

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
ThomasBureau

A New Experience

Post by ThomasBureau » 26 May 2018, 03:36

Hello, I am new, and I just tried a New Experience!

I do not know if it works with moving images but on a still image it works. What I'm looking for and what may be impossible is to have a black frame insert on a 60hz monitor while keeping in play at a 60fps framerate!

I just tried on a fixed image with Gimp, putting a checkerboard over the image: 1 black pixel, then 1 pixel of the image of the game, then 1 black pixel, etc ... so the half of the image is black, but checkered!

I then created a second image (reversed from the first one), I exported these images in PNG, then I created a lot of duplicates of the 1 image and a lot of duplicates of the 2 image.

The first image: with antrenammer I put in enumeration: star by 1 incremente by 2. and for the second image I put star by 2 and incremente by 2.

In continuation with virtualdub I clicked on open a video file , clicked on the folder where I put all these images together, then clicked on the first image (all the images are loaded). Then in video: framerate: change framerate to 60fps, then I saved as avi (without any compression to be sure of the result, so the file size is several gigas).

I then used Kodi and especially activated: sync playback to display. The perception of the resolution is divided by 2, but there is no (or almost no, really very very little even with high brightness) flickering!

I had the test with full images (60fps: 1 normal picture + 1 black image, etc ... and of course it was horrible!)

The question is whether it works with moving images and if that reduces the perception of the blur, so I'm looking (I'm new) a program that would allow me to test this on games or videos

Thank for your help !