144Hz ULMB or 240Hz CSGO

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
bwana

Re: 144Hz ULMB or 240Hz CSGO

Post by bwana » 10 Sep 2018, 12:22

from what i've read here, the holy grail is framerate=strobe rate =refresh rate.
Now if i understand correctly, GSYNC adjusts refresh rate on the fly to match framerate. At this point one needs only adjust strobe rate to match. The BenQ display with DyAC allows strobe rate adjustment in 1 hz increments so this is attainable. Unfortunately, due to a variety of local and network factors, frame rate fluctuates. So then one needs the controller board to dynamically adjust strobe rate to match. Is this possible?

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: 144Hz ULMB or 240Hz CSGO

Post by RealNC » 10 Sep 2018, 15:07

It is possible. It's been done as a hidden test mode in some g-sync modules. It doesn't work that well though. There's too much flicker. The test mode was discovered in monitors shipped in 2016. We don't know if nvidia is still working on that or not.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.