Can't change settings in RTSS

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Samurai_Warrior

Can't change settings in RTSS

Post by Samurai_Warrior » 23 Jul 2018, 16:04

I updated RTSS and now I can't change the settings from the previous version.
When I start a game that I used to use with the old version of RTSS, it plays like normal and nothing pops up.(example Factorio)
However, when I start Factorio with RTSS running, the fps meter pop up(even If I don't have a setting for Factorio in the new version of RTSS) and if I add any settings for Factorio nothing happens.
And this is the same for my other games as well.
Here are some pics showing what i'm talking about:
https://imgur.com/a/RudbwEx

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Can't change settings in RTSS

Post by RealNC » 23 Jul 2018, 19:51

You've set the "detection level" to "none". This disabled RTSS. Set it to "low."

Also, you might want to do a full uninstall of Afterburner and RTSS. Run the uninstaller of Afterburner (in "Apps and Features" in Windows 10) and when it asks you, confirm that you want to completely delete any local profiles/settings. Do the same for RTSS. Then re-install Afterburner.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Samurai_Warrior

Re: Can't change settings in RTSS

Post by Samurai_Warrior » 23 Jul 2018, 21:27

Thank you! I also deleted some other files and folders associated with RTSS but it worked.