LightBoost 120hz/120fps + CRU

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
quik

LightBoost 120hz/120fps + CRU

Post by quik » 30 Aug 2018, 20:22

Hello, ive been experimenting with LightBoost in Overwatch and i have a few qestions i would love to ask.
How do i syncronise hz and fps correctly? I tried 120.008 hz (using CRU) and 120 fps with ingame fps limiter but its kinda weird... Tearline stays in the same place most of the time but when fps drops (?) it jumps somewhere else and sometimes its right in the middle of the screen wich is not very nice.
I also have tried using RTTS to cap fps @ 120 and it made mouse movement feel more fluent but input lag is more noticeable.
Im wondering if i should go with RTTS cap because it seems more stable or go with ingame limiter wich makes my fps drop significantly more but less input lag, btw if i uncap my fps it usually stays around 140-220 and never goes below 120 so drops when locked dont make sense to me.

Specs: Asus vg248qe, gtx 1060, i5-2500k, 8gb ram

Cheers, quik.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: LightBoost 120hz/120fps + CRU

Post by RealNC » 30 Aug 2018, 21:30

You cannot keep the tearline to a fixed place, regardless of what frame limiter you use, unless the frame limiter can synchronize itself to the vertical blanking period of the display. The latest RTSS betas can do that, but it comes at a huge perf cost and will probably result in severe stutter in modern games.

You can try the low lag vsync method though:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/the-t ... st-5380262
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.