LightBoost without hack program

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Draculz

LightBoost without hack program

Post by Draculz » 30 Oct 2018, 14:20

Hello, it is possible to enable LightBoost without Nvidia Emitter but not installing any hack program/utility/app etc.. ?

Thank you.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: LightBoost without hack program

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Oct 2018, 15:03

It's far easier to enable LightBoost with ToastyX Strobelight.

You can also use the source code instead, too.

There are a few options in the LightBoost HOWTO includng the ACI27F8 monitor ID tweak. This may be possible to do via a registry editor, but is much easier with ToastyX tools.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Draculz

Post by Draculz » 30 Oct 2018, 15:46

I read all the methods, but the point is, i don't want to install any program on my PC.
Chief Blur Buster wrote:You can also use the source code instead, too.

There are a few options in the LightBoost HOWTO includng the ACI27F8 monitor ID tweak.
This may be possible to do via a registry editor
Can you help me how i do that without ToastyX tools ?

Thanks.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Oct 2018, 19:56

It's been years since I figured out where to do the ACI27F8 hack (without using an app)

That is the monitor ID of a monitor that had built-in 3D emitter (ASUS VG278H), and tricking the computer into thinking it is connected to such a monitor, allowed the drivers to unwittingly enable LightBoost.

Currently I'm not sure where in the registry you could edit this monitor ID at the moment.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Draculz

Post by Draculz » 31 Oct 2018, 07:38

Alright, thank you for your help.