ROG PG248Q 120+ ULMB .... overclocking?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
feliwyn

ROG PG248Q 120+ ULMB .... overclocking?

Post by feliwyn » 22 Dec 2018, 10:15

Hello,

I'm new here. The subjet has probably already asked, but I have my monitor since 1 year (prob more, doin't remember)
I really prefere ULMB over GSYNC. The feeling is :o

The monitor give the possibility to overclock the screen at 180Hz. And ULMB use only 120hz. I'm really sad with that :(

any possibilities to use a "glitch" for go with ULMB at 144hz or 180hz? *.*

Thank's for the help :)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: ROG PG248Q 120+ ULMB .... overclocking?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Jan 2019, 20:07

Hello!
I notice nobody else has replied yet. I apologize that your post got overlooked over the last holidays.

As a general rule of thumb, the ULMB overclock hack often only adds 8% more refresh rate. You can get it up a bit, like 125Hz or 128Hz. You're keeping the dotclock and vertical total unmodified but reducing horizontal porches to get enough dotclock to increase the ULMB refresh rate.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!