Re: What monitor should i buy? [GSYNC/ULMB for under $500]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Mafusail

Post by Mafusail » 10 Feb 2019, 10:53

Yeah, i kinda like how the image looks sharper than it supposed to be. But what can i say - it's subjective. Personally I just like it this way. Also i like cold colors and on all my monitors i use 90-90-100 RGB. One my friend always sais things like "how the hell can you play like that, it hurts my eyes even looking on your screenshots" :D
So... It there a way to sharpen the picture? Or there isnt at all on G-Sync monitors, as you said? Maybe some programs/special drivers etc. Maybe Freesync?

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Re: What monitor should i buy? [GSYNC/ULMB for under $50

Post by RealNC » 10 Feb 2019, 10:58

I'm not aware of any g-sync display having a sharpen function.

For games, you can probably use ReShade's and enable the LumaSharpen shader. ReShade probably incurs a performance penalty though (haven't tested the latest versions yet.) I use it to sharpen games that I run in 1080p on my 1440p display.

Anyway, I would recommend simply getting used to a non-sharpened image when running at native res. It doesn't take much, really. A week, maybe... Same for color temperature. There really is no reason to ruin image quality by sharpening or using wrong colors. You can get used to good image quality after a while.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Mafusail

Post by Mafusail » 10 Feb 2019, 12:38

Sadly, i cant say that this monitor's colors are good. Color banding is atrocious. After my previous IPS panel it's so... frustrating. Even considering the fact that this TN is 1ms and high refresh rate. Do you know any TN panel with little to no color banding? I know that it will be anyway, but not THIS much.