Should replace my Samsung C24FG73 to reduce blur?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
genjiMAIN2000

Should replace my Samsung C24FG73 to reduce blur?

Post by genjiMAIN2000 » 15 Feb 2019, 12:17

Hello, guys! I have an issue and i can't understand if its just me being noob or I have a problem with my setup
I've recently returned from army and decided to upgrade my gaming Monitor and PC (I mostly play FPS shooters like Overwatch, PUBG, Apex Legends etc.)
So I got this SAMSUNG 144hz VA-panel C24FG73. It felt fine at first but after some time with it I started noticing motion blur issues in FPS. For ex in BRs: everything looks blurry when I sprint and I have to stop for a second and look around to spot or otherwise I can't see anything. It's kind of hard to spot enemy motion because of blur while you are moving yourself is what I'm talking about.
To solve this problem I tried using a mode with backlight strobing blur reduction feature of Samsung ('fastest response time' setting). Clarity increased quite a bit but I'm still not satisfied with it + eyestrain is a thing now because of strobing.
So my question is: is it just me or was my monitor choice wrong and should I replace it with something like xl2411 as I aim for less blur for better spotting and better controlled flickshots? Should I replace it at all or is this blur thingy present in all nowadays monitors?
Thanks!

Notty_PT

Re: Should replace my Samsung C24FG73 to reduce blur?

Post by Notty_PT » 15 Feb 2019, 13:52

This is common on VA/IPS panels. They can´t have the same response time as a TN panel. Altho TN has worse image quality, it is best for fast paced games like the ones you play (overwatch and apex).

Your best bet is trying to return it if you can and get a ViewSonic XG2402 144hz wich is to me the best gaming monitor ever made.

genjiMAIN2000

Post by genjiMAIN2000 » 16 Feb 2019, 10:52

Notty_PT wrote:This is common on VA/IPS panels. They can´t have the same response time as a TN panel. Altho TN has worse image quality, it is best for fast paced games like the ones you play (overwatch and apex).

Your best bet is trying to return it if you can and get a ViewSonic XG2402 144hz wich is to me the best gaming monitor ever made.
Thanks for quick answer! I'm now checking xg2402 out and dude, im comparing Ufotest images of xg2402 to some 240 hz monitors (pg248q ex) and they look same to me, thanks for the tip! Do you use it yourself btw and how do you like it in comparision to other monitors?
Update: Can you please advice some more models please because I just checked suppliers in my country and there is no xg2402 avaiable lol

Notty_PT

Post by Notty_PT » 16 Feb 2019, 12:17

I tested a lot of 240hz monitors and i still have 2 of them. I can warranty you XG2402 is my daily driver choice, exactly because of what you just described. It offers a better motion clarity than any 240hz monitor I tried, due to its extremely low pixel response time, even at a longer scanout/refresh of 144hz.

It also has only 0,4ms more input lag than a 240hz monitor like the Benq XL2540, according to Rtings reviews. It is the fastest 144hz monitor ever made.

If it is out of stock where you live try to look for the XG240R wich is the newer model, altho more expensive, and is also even better according to pcmonitors review. Just a tiny bit faster (even more) on pixel response time.

Don´t forget that the optimal experience with this 144hz monitor is to activate Gsync/FreeSync (according to your GPU) and capping framerate to 138fps.

genjiMAIN2000

Post by genjiMAIN2000 » 16 Feb 2019, 15:56

Notty_PT wrote:I tested a lot of 240hz monitors and i still have 2 of them. I can warranty you XG2402 is my daily driver choice, exactly because of what you just described. It offers a better motion clarity than any 240hz monitor I tried, due to its extremely low pixel response time, even at a longer scanout/refresh of 144hz.

It also has only 0,4ms more input lag than a 240hz monitor like the Benq XL2540, according to Rtings reviews. It is the fastest 144hz monitor ever made.

If it is out of stock where you live try to look for the XG240R wich is the newer model, altho more expensive, and is also even better according to pcmonitors review. Just a tiny bit faster (even more) on pixel response time.

Don´t forget that the optimal experience with this 144hz monitor is to activate Gsync/FreeSync (according to your GPU) and capping framerate to 138fps.
I was doing some research today and read about this newer ViewSonic XG240r quite a bit. This thing looks awesome as well but it's not avaiable too.. Living in Russla is not only cold but also painful in terms of getting hands on some newer cool tech. However there is good stock on Benq and ASUS, in particular: ASUS pg258q(more expensive) and Benq xl2430+xl2536 (~viewsonic pricing). I really liked ViewSonic but should I settle with one of these because its out of stock? Or any other models?