AOC c24g1 problem with MBR

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
xabimike

AOC c24g1 problem with MBR

Post by xabimike » 22 Feb 2019, 09:02

People, i need help)
I bought aoc c24g1 monitor, made settings like on pcmonitors, I'm happy with everything, normal fonts, no loops and so on.Overdrive is high, low blue-multimedia, MBR (motion blur reduction) - 10 out of 20.
BUT there was a problem that is very annoying:
When I turn off the computer and turn it on in the morning, the MBR is reset to 0, all other settings are saved. If the monitor is simply on / off, then the MBR remains at its value at 10.I really do not want to every time when you turn on the computer to climb the monitor menu and set the MBR.Tell me what the problem may be and what to do)

Q83Ia7ta

Re: AOC c24g1 problem with MBR

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 23 Feb 2019, 06:20

Your MBR value is controlled only by monitor so it's the problem. This issue can be fixed by firmware but monitor manufacturers usually do not let users to update firmware on their monitors. Deal with it or change monitor.

falke

Post by falke » 26 Feb 2019, 11:29

i have the same problem. i think the problem is, that by restarting pc the boot loading screen is at 60Hz. The MBR function is not supplied at 60Hz. The monitor turns off the MBR at 60Hz and keep it off although the refreshrate is back at 144hz.
But i dont have a solution for this problem. it would be greate if someone can help.
I have contacted AOC and waiting for answers.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Feb 2019, 14:12

Failing to save the MBR setting is often a monitor manufacturer quirk.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!