DyAc vs ULMB

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Letros

DyAc vs ULMB

Post by Letros » 02 Apr 2019, 07:23

My current monitor is an Acer X34, which I'm happy with other than fast paced FPS games, so I would like to have a separate FPS monitor.

I'm having a hard time deciding on the XL2546 vs a newer ULMB monitor with higher strobing brightness.

Can DyAc with the tweak software perform much better than ULMB at 120hz/144hz at similar brightness levels?

These are the monitors I'm considering, XL2546 vs. XB252Q, or PG258Q, or AW2518H.

Thanks

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: DyAc vs ULMB

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Apr 2019, 17:18

Are you aware they're roughly the same strobed brightness? (As far as I know).

DyAc also uses voltage-boosted strobing, like most of the 25" 240Hz ULMB implementations do.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Letros

Re: DyAc vs ULMB

Post by Letros » 04 Apr 2019, 19:29

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Are you aware they're roughly the same strobed brightness? (As far as I know).

DyAc also uses voltage-boosted strobing, like most of the 25" 240Hz ULMB implementations do.
I am aware. I was just wondering which system gives best-case scenario for minimal crosstalk. I am really leaning towards the AW2518H, but may hold off to see if new 240hz 1080p panels come out anytime soon. Seems like they were announced long ago, but in limbo since then.