How to reduce Motion Blur and Input Lag on LG 34UC89G-B?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
XanderBaatz

How to reduce Motion Blur and Input Lag on LG 34UC89G-B?

Post by XanderBaatz » 05 Apr 2019, 03:22

Been looking through BlurBusters, and I can't seem to find any threads or guides covering the LG Ultrawide screens.

The LG 34UC89G-B, the screen I'm using, is a great screen, great colours, good size, but it has 5ms GtG Response Time.
And that's indeed very noticeable. I just wanted to know if there are any ways of reducing the motion blur produced on this screen to an absoloute minimum. Also the input lag is barely noticeable, but I'm an optimization-freak, and I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to decrease the input lag.
I have already tweaked the monitor itself, the OSD, for the lowest possible response time, but I feel like there's more I can do to reduce it further. Got any suggestions?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: How to reduce Motion Blur and Input Lag on LG 34UC89G-B?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Apr 2019, 03:45

As far as I know, LG 34UC89G-B does not have a motion blur reduction mode.

Also, don't forget that 5ms GtG is still 16ms MPRT on this monitor. There are two different pixel response benchmarks, and there exists monitors with about 90% less motion blur than the LG monitor.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!