ULMB greyed out in OSD menu

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
AceTriple999

ULMB greyed out in OSD menu

Post by AceTriple999 » 11 May 2019, 00:30

Asus ROG Swift PG258Q

Tried everything!
I've had multiple G-sync/Ulmb monitors so I know how to set it up.

I'm starting to think monitor is defective.

Thanks in advance!

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: ULMB greyed out in OSD menu

Post by RealNC » 11 May 2019, 05:51

Well, since you said you know how to set it up, I'm not gonna post troubleshooting advice. So just send it back then.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

AceTriple999

Post by AceTriple999 » 11 May 2019, 09:48

I must be missing something...

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 11 May 2019, 10:15

Well, the only two things required are: 1) g-sync must be disabled in the nvidia control panel, and 2) you need to be currently running a refresh rate for which ULMB is supported.

So check your monitor's OSD. In the information section, is the current mode "G-SYNC" or "Normal" (or "Fixed")? What is the current refresh rate? Is that refresh rate supported by ULMB?
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

AceTriple999

Post by AceTriple999 » 11 May 2019, 11:05

Yes 1 an 2 are mandatory, I tried 60-119-120 etc, custom resolution with different hz. Even the OSD hz says it changed and it's displayed accordingly, but ULMB section still greyed.

I turned it on and off, disconnected DP cable and reconnect.

I messed up in NVidia CPanel, gsync, ulmb, fixed RR.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 May 2019, 11:20

- Full hard power reset (unplug-replug) of monitor
- Full uninstall-reinstall of graphics drivers
- Try a different port on your graphics card
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

AceTriple999

Post by AceTriple999 » 11 May 2019, 12:29

All this did not work.

But.

Inadvertently, while searching in OSD menu for several minutes, display went to sleep because i wasn't using mouse.
So I move the mouse and what do you know, while still in OSD menu, ULMB went available...
But it wont stay if I do anything, change hz, monitor off/on, launch a game... what the heck.

So right now only possible way to get ULMB available is to wait for monitor to go to sleep and light it up again, but can't use it.

Monitor led is yellow when ULMB and goes red for G-Sync. It always go back immediately to G-Sync if any action is made.

??!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 May 2019, 17:08

- Make sure you have the correct refresh rate (120.0000000Hz)
- You can try Start->Power->Sleep to force-sleep your monitor, and then wake your monitor again.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 28 May 2019, 02:37

Or RMA it.

Locane

Post by Locane » 11 Nov 2023, 17:22

For anyone who is looking to enable ULMB2 (and probably good general advice for this feature):

Make sure Power Save isn't turned on on your monitor.

https://ibb.co/v3J56S0