Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
rootsoft
Posts: 28
Joined: 01 Nov 2014, 13:07

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by rootsoft » 02 Jan 2020, 12:18

The XG270 does come with the shield.

rootsoft
Posts: 28
Joined: 01 Nov 2014, 13:07

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by rootsoft » 02 Jan 2020, 12:22

I returned my XG270, the menu froze on me once, it suddenly rebooted another time and I don't think I like how 1080p look on a 27" screen. I think it should be perfect on a 23.5-24" size. Motion clarity and build quality is excellent. Perhaps I received a lemon, which I would of RMA or return to Amazon to get a new one, but 1080p on 27" is not for me.

ss2674
Posts: 2
Joined: 01 Jan 2020, 16:24

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by ss2674 » 03 Jan 2020, 00:48

Captain Hammer wrote:
30 Dec 2019, 16:27
A few weeks later and I'm still loving this thing. Games that are locked to 60fps started getting on my nerves, though (looking at you, Halo: Reach). I'd go crazy for some kind of black frame insertion in those situations.
Would you say you notice a improvement in slower paced game’s like open world rpgs etc or would you say the benefits are limited to more fast paced shooters when playing competitively. Just tryna figure out if it’s worth upgrading from my mg278q. Don’t play shooters mainly 3rd person rpgs and action adventure games.

Also have you noticed any benefit with bfi/strobing outside of gaming just browsing the net YouTube videos etc?

heckenjoni
Posts: 34
Joined: 21 Apr 2018, 16:04

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by heckenjoni » 03 Jan 2020, 04:37

with the 240hz ips 25" alienware comming soon, are there any updates that viewsonice will release a 24"/25" version too ?

Captain Hammer
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 Dec 2019, 23:22

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Captain Hammer » 03 Jan 2020, 17:41

ss2674 wrote:
03 Jan 2020, 00:48
Captain Hammer wrote:
30 Dec 2019, 16:27
A few weeks later and I'm still loving this thing. Games that are locked to 60fps started getting on my nerves, though (looking at you, Halo: Reach). I'd go crazy for some kind of black frame insertion in those situations.
Would you say you notice a improvement in slower paced game’s like open world rpgs etc or would you say the benefits are limited to more fast paced shooters when playing competitively. Just tryna figure out if it’s worth upgrading from my mg278q. Don’t play shooters mainly 3rd person rpgs and action adventure games.

Also have you noticed any benefit with bfi/strobing outside of gaming just browsing the net YouTube videos etc?
You might call me crazy, but I'd say I saw the most benefit with Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition and Civilization VI. Both are games where you scroll your entire screen around to get stuff done, which means the entire picture is a blur until you stop moving. I'm sure this is a big deal for MOBAs (League, Dota) as well, though I haven't played one in awhile. Risk of Rain 2 is the only 3rd person game I've played thus far.

As for non-gaming tasks, the only major change is that it's easier to quickly scan text while scrolling. It's nice if you do any kind of programming, but otherwise I can't think of anything. Definitely not youtube videos - most are 60fps or lower and recording devices introduce blur to begin with.

User avatar
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin
Posts: 7546
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Jan 2020, 19:37

rootsoft wrote:
02 Jan 2020, 12:22
I returned my XG270, the menu froze on me once, it suddenly rebooted another time and I don't think I like how 1080p look on a 27" screen. I think it should be perfect on a 23.5-24" size. Motion clarity and build quality is excellent. Perhaps I received a lemon, which I would of RMA or return to Amazon to get a new one, but 1080p on 27" is not for me.
My XG270 doesn't randomly crash on me. I haven't heard of other users with repeated crash/reboot events. Might be a defective unit. Definitely RMA it if you are OK with 1080p 27"

Thanks for the compliment about the the motion clarity!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

User avatar
witega
Posts: 33
Joined: 08 Jun 2019, 11:40

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by witega » 04 Jan 2020, 07:43

rootsoft wrote:
02 Jan 2020, 12:22
I returned my XG270, the menu froze on me once, it suddenly rebooted another time and I don't think I like how 1080p look on a 27" screen. I think it should be perfect on a 23.5-24" size. Motion clarity and build quality is excellent. Perhaps I received a lemon, which I would of RMA or return to Amazon to get a new one, but 1080p on 27" is not for me.
Sorry you didn't have a good experience with the monitor. I too prefer a 23-24" screen for 1080p, but willing to live with 27" (if ViewSonic doesn't come out with a smaller version) because everything else it does is outstanding.

No issues with the menu freezing on me. Sucks to get a lemon.

User avatar
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin
Posts: 7546
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Jan 2020, 17:22

Captain Hammer wrote:
03 Jan 2020, 17:41
ss2674 wrote:
03 Jan 2020, 00:48
Would you say you notice a improvement in slower paced game’s like open world rpgs etc or would you say the benefits are limited to more fast paced shooters when playing competitively. Just tryna figure out if it’s worth upgrading from my mg278q. Don’t play shooters mainly 3rd person rpgs and action adventure games.

Also have you noticed any benefit with bfi/strobing outside of gaming just browsing the net YouTube videos etc?
You might call me crazy, but I'd say I saw the most benefit with Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition and Civilization VI. Both are games where you scroll your entire screen around to get stuff done, which means the entire picture is a blur until you stop moving. I'm sure this is a big deal for MOBAs (League, Dota) as well, though I haven't played one in awhile. Risk of Rain 2 is the only 3rd person game I've played thus far.
Indeed, RTS games with lots of panning does gain major benefit from PureXP+ as you’re able to pay attention to all the action that goes on while scrolling, since the scrolling doesn’t blur at all.

Anything that has lots of scrolling and panning (like TestUFO) derive major benefits from strobe backlights that can improve your human reaction time to various actions that go on the screen.

It’s those fixate-at-crosshairs where PureXP (or any other strobe modes) helps less — so it helps CS:GO a little less if you don’t track eyes away from crosshairs — blur reduction helps tracking-eyes-on-moving-scenery situations, like DOTA2 or Rocket League.
Captain Hammer wrote:
03 Jan 2020, 17:41
As for non-gaming tasks, the only major change is that it's easier to quickly scan text while scrolling.
If you use a good smooth-scrollwheel, smooth keyboard scroll, or a high resolution touchpad, the scrolling in web browsers is quite noticeably better. Some CRT users have missed this, and this is something you can get easily with the XG270. Perfectly clear browser scrolling!
Captain Hammer wrote:
03 Jan 2020, 17:41
It's nice if you do any kind of programming, but otherwise I can't think of anything. Definitely not youtube videos - most are 60fps or lower and recording devices introduce blur to begin with.
If you download Smooth Video Project from www.svp-team.com you can have interpolation to 120fps and then strobing does wonders on eliminating video motion blur on the fast-shutter material like sports videos, GoPros, skydiving, BMX, Red Bull air races, ski races, etc. Try it!!

It’s quite unreal when you mix some good footage with SVP with strobing. That said, it’s still interpolation — but used judiciously on the right material where it’s desired.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

Zealot
Posts: 18
Joined: 06 Jan 2020, 16:12

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Zealot » 06 Jan 2020, 19:39

Picked up my XG270 today and I must say the PureXP+ mode is fantastic, the motion clarity is absolutely stunning. Playing PoE with it enabled is pure joy. My only complaints so far are that the IPS glow is a bit strong and that the stand interferes with my mousepad, other than that its a fantastic monitor.

Im eagerly awaiting the PureXP firmware update, is there an ETA when it will be available?

User avatar
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin
Posts: 7546
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Jan 2020, 20:39

Zealot wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 19:39
Picked up my XG270 today and I must say the PureXP+ mode is fantastic, the motion clarity is absolutely stunning. Playing PoE with it enabled is pure joy. My only complaints so far are that the IPS glow is a bit strong and that the stand interferes with my mousepad, other than that its a fantastic monitor.

Im eagerly awaiting the PureXP firmware update, is there an ETA when it will be available?
I will be meeting with ViewSonic later during CES 2020 and will ask about this.

Also, the Blur Busters Approved official public announcements are arriving this week! We held off the public announcements till CES.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

Post Reply