Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Ansive

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Ansive » 10 Mar 2020, 14:04

It limits you to 240hz in custom resolution.

ELK

Post by ELK » 10 Mar 2020, 14:28

AddictFPS wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 21:39
Ansive wrote: I added full screen pictures
Image Good work Image
Ansive wrote: I use the native resolutions. I don't know how to create a custom resolution with Vertical Total tweak 240Hz scanout.
With CRU.exe if I set the pixel clock to 600Mhz the Hz is also modified to 250Hz.
100hz - 114.6Khz/99.9hz 302.6 Mhz :(

Ok, i try guide you, but wait until Chief confirm if this method is correct and secure, im not a monitor tweak expert, i don't want your monitor to suffer any damage because of me.

240hz - 278.4Khz/240.0hz 564.8 Mhz (no OC) This is the target PixelClock.

Add Detailed LCD Native, type 1920 1080 100, the rest of values auto complete, take a screeshot, Cancel.

Add a Detailed Manual, fill all above values, click in the Total checkbox, edit Total Vertical Lines with higher value, you can see that PixelClock increase but frequency is maintained at 100Hz, search the VT value to fit or very close to PixelClock target, click Ok, move 1920x1080@100Hz at the upper position in the Detailed Resolution List to make it the "native" and can override the 1920x1080@100Hz default EDID resolution, Click Ok, restart PC to apply changes.

Apply it, confirm if OSD show increased PixelClock, test crosstalk, hope good news ! Image
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
11 Jan 2020, 16:52
Advanced VT Hacks Are Mostly Unnecessary With XG270

PureXP is designed to be easy & user friendly (like ULMB), while being more flexible (multisync at any custom Hz above 75Hz).

Like most 240Hz panels (so this is already public information), the XG270 uses fixed max-Hz scanrate at the panel level. On these panels, all scanouts are 1/240sec regardless of GPU Hz if you do high speed video on such panels. That means some panels like these have internal automated large-VT logic (scanrate conversion to create large VBIs) for any refresh rates lower than 240Hz. Thus, it is generally not necessary to use large VTs on the XG270 to lower strobe crosstalk. However, large vertical totals might slightly reduce input latency via the Quick Frame Transport effect (another benefit of large VTs when used in conjunction with strobing and/or VSYNC ON).

<Slightly OffTopic>
Optional, may have no benefit except reduce latency: If you do advanced hacking to try large VTs, get the 240Hz VT, multiply Hz x VT. Then divide by new Hz. That's the VT to test. For example 1125x240 = 270,000 horizontal scan rate. Now divide the target Hz (e.g. 100Hz), 270,000 divided by 100. That's VT2700 at 100Hz to match the horizontal scan rate of VT1125 at 240Hz. Also, simultaneously, try to maintain exact same horizontal total as original 240Hz. Vertical Total posts are considered offtopic in this thread and will now be moved to a separate thread, please post VT questions in a different thread since VT topics are complicated to new users. I want to keep this thread purely to user-friendly PureXP.
</Slightly OffTopic>
I increased the VT through custom resolutions and it looked HORRIBLE. multiple vibrant extremely visible trails on the ufo. It's best to let the monitor do it internally

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Mar 2020, 16:06

ELK wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 13:21
I thought the extra 2 bits on 10bit were used for backlight dimming. I knew about 6+2 FRC. Are you sure this panel is 8+2? Are there even any video games using 10bit yet? As far as I'm aware 10bit is only used for photo editting and what not.
In the era where 8+2 FRC can be done by GPU or panel (with little difference), this question is kind of hard to answer right away.

The NVIDIA GPU (by default) has temporal dithering support built in for increasing color depth when transmitting 6bpc over cables. This really helped 220Hz overclocks of 144Hz 1080p BenQ ZOWIE monitors which requires 6bpc over the video cable. But we could see all colors in the 8-bit gradient because the GPU was doing 6+2.

I can ask ViewSonic and figure out what's happening.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

admixues

Post by admixues » 10 Mar 2020, 17:14

any chance of the the exact same setup with the 24.5" FastIPS panel?.

most of the games i play struggle to push past 120-180 frames constantly so i'd rather just strobe at a lower HZ with a high VT total. '

i really hope ViewSonic considers an ELITE XG250.

Estrada00

Post by Estrada00 » 11 Mar 2020, 20:29

im also in the same boat, waiting for XG270 review by Rtings and 24-25" version of Blur Busters approved monitor.
I currently using xg240r and omen x 25f but kinda want different 240 hz monitor as most gpus/games cant hold stable 240fps.

ELK

Post by ELK » 12 Mar 2020, 12:13

Gamma is busted on sRGB. Once you change gamma on sRGB you can't get the same colors until you switch color temperature to anything that isn't sRGB then switch it back to sRGB.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Mar 2020, 19:25

admixues wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 17:14
i really hope ViewSonic considers an ELITE XG250.
I have relayed your suggestion to ViewSonic.
Not the first time that this has been suggested.
ELK wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 12:13
Gamma is busted on sRGB. Once you change gamma on sRGB you can't get the same colors until you switch color temperature to anything that isn't sRGB then switch it back to sRGB.
Gamma is supposed to be grayed out in sRGB mode. The sRGB calibration assumes a fixed 2.2 gamma.

If you want a custom calibration, you can use the user defined setting instead and adjust the R/G/B gain levels instead.

The new firmware coming out has the Gamma grayed out (when sRGB is selected) among with a few other fixes, in addition to the PureXP levels settings.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Ansive

Post by Ansive » 18 Mar 2020, 18:45

Just wanted to confirm that Netflix is working in 1080p using Windows 10 + Edge. (ctrl+alt+shift+q)
Even in 4K if you are using Nvidia DSR to set the resolution to 4K since the monitor has HDCP 2.2 (the bitrate received is massive)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Mar 2020, 23:09

Ansive wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 18:45
Just wanted to confirm that Netflix is working in 1080p using Windows 10 + Edge. (ctrl+alt+shift+q)
Even in 4K if you are using Nvidia DSR to set the resolution to 4K since the monitor has HDCP 2.2 (the bitrate received is massive)
Yes, I noticed Netflix 4K downconverted to 1080p looks better than Netflix 1080p.

I occasionally do this when I've got a special movie feature to watch on a 1080p DLP projector. I have a Gigabit connection straight to my ISP's Netflix Appliance so I can just use Netflix 4K on 1080p displays with no speed degradation versus Netflix 1080p -- getting using Netflix 4K for my 1080p displays is worthwhile for the "better-than-BluRay-quality-looking" Netflix 1080p.

(Cognizant note: However, if you're in an area of significant Internet-brownouts, all the extra loading from the extra home users -- given COVID-19 coronavirus -- loading-down the Internet a bit, and not all ISPs have the Netflix Appliance thingy. So pigging out on 4K might slow down your neighbours hella. Lots of streaming services in Europe had to default to 480p to ease the load on their networks. Just be considerate)