Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 May 2020, 12:49

niros wrote:
13 May 2020, 09:17
I wish i could grab this monitor from the Amazon link but sadly Amazon shipping
rates to my country are HUGE
Totally understand!
Infinity wrote:
13 May 2020, 07:36
I can help with this [..]
Appreciate the informative answer!
donnie wrote:
13 May 2020, 07:52
This monitor is absolutely fantastic. Here are my suggestions for three different cases:
Very good custom configurations with the XG270!

What is your mouse DPI? I presume you've gone with the 1600dpi+ recommendation for motion blur reduction modes (instead of 400dpi) for PureXP because the higher DPI improves mouse slowturns/slowpans.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

donnie

Post by donnie » 13 May 2020, 13:55

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
13 May 2020, 12:49
Very good custom configurations with the XG270!

What is your mouse DPI? I presume you've gone with the 1600dpi+ recommendation for motion blur reduction modes (instead of 400dpi) for PureXP because the higher DPI improves mouse slowturns/slowpans.
Thanks, I am currently on 1200DPI on my glorious gaming model o- with 1000hz. Feels very smooth. The only thing I want to study now is the S-Sync to see how it preforms :)

GammaLyrae

Post by GammaLyrae » 13 May 2020, 20:54

Decided to bite the bullet and just ordered the monitor. For use outside of PureXP I don't expect a huge leap for high refresh rate performance relative to the PG279Q I have, but tests show the XG270 has lower motion blur at lower refresh rates, and even if PureXP isn't CRT perfect (according to the few images posted here anyway), it'll still be leaps and bounds ahead of the ULMB implementation on the PG279Q.

My dream monitor would be something with proper ELMB-sync on an OLED, but that's probably not happening in my lifetime :lol:

niros

Post by niros » 13 May 2020, 23:26

kinda worried about the 1600dpi
I'm used to 400dpi since i had original Deathadder but i dont mind trying new stuff
Currently running a G Pro Wireless

Somon

Post by Somon » 14 May 2020, 09:52

Hello there,

I'm a fresh new owner of the xg270

I'm interested in competitive FPS games like csgo/valorant/overwatch and others casuals fps (for me) apex/cod ...

I read all this thread about this and i want to get the best settings to play theses games.

Some people talk about an option "NULL" on/off like in
"CRU custom resolution with 224hz, G-Sync ON + OD Fastest + NULL on + 220 fps limit via in game or RTTS for games like cod\apex or unlimited and overkill fps for CS:GO, If in game limiter is bad then use the RTTS\Scanline sync."
but i can't find what is this option, in nvidia panel ? in screen menu ? in CRU ?

(sorry if i did some mistakes, i'm not english fluent )

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 May 2020, 11:58

niros wrote:
13 May 2020, 23:26
I'm used to 400dpi since i had original Deathadder but i dont mind trying new stuff
1600dpi applies to all strobe technologies ever invented in the last 10 years -- including LightBoost and ULMB -- so it's nothing new, and not ViewSonic specific.

400dpi is fine for non-strobed operation, it's simply that most professionals don't use motion blur reduction in esports. But expert competitive game players who do use strobing, needs to learn to maximize strobing advantages. It requires different settings in order to really milk advantages. We'll post a new article on Blur Busters about maximizing advantages of motion blur reduction since many professionals now enable strobing on some monitors (Such as XL2546 DyAc)

One can also leave PureXP+ turned off too.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 May 2020, 11:59

Somon wrote:
14 May 2020, 09:52
Some people talk about an option "NULL" on/off like in
The full name is "NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency".

niros

Post by niros » 14 May 2020, 16:41

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
14 May 2020, 11:58
niros wrote:
13 May 2020, 23:26
1600dpi applies to all strobe technologies ever invented in the last 10 years -- including LightBoost and ULMB -- so it's nothing new, and not ViewSonic specific.

400dpi is fine for non-strobed operation, it's simply that most professionals don't use motion blur reduction in esports. But expert competitive game players who do use strobing, needs to learn to maximize strobing advantages. It requires different settings in order to really milk advantages. We'll post a new article on Blur Busters about maximizing advantages of motion blur reduction since many professionals now enable strobing on some monitors (Such as XL2546 DyAc)

One can also leave PureXP+ turned off too.
Thanks chief!
I'll update when i get my monitor and we'll which settings would work best for me in apex legends

zaguama

Post by zaguama » 15 May 2020, 00:31

Hello everyone, i just received this monitor and im starting to test all the different suggestions posted here, very good info for non display geniuses :)

What are the recommended settings for flight simming? I play Prepar3d simulator and i get different fps depending on the scenery changes, could range from 35 fps to 70 fps. Does this type of game benefit from purexp+ ? Should i use gsync, vsync, purexp and limit framerate to let say 30fps to have a constant stable fps? Which refresh rate should i use?

Thanks!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 May 2020, 12:45

zaguama wrote:
15 May 2020, 00:31
What are the recommended settings for flight simming? I play Prepar3d simulator and i get different fps depending on the scenery changes, could range from 35 fps to 70 fps. Does this type of game benefit from purexp+ ? Should i use gsync, vsync, purexp and limit framerate to let say 30fps to have a constant stable fps? Which refresh rate should i use?
For most simulators of low / variable frame rates:
-- Use G-SYNC / FreeSync. This will reduce erratic stutters for you.
-- Stutter-reduction will be your priority. Sims are less lag-sensitive.
-- Don't bother using a frame rate cap for self-capping framerates.
-- Keep refresh rate at or near maximum (224Hz or 240Hz), to keep scanout latency low

Relating to adjustments:
-- You may wish to upgrade your GPU in order to get higher frame rates with your simulator to get more high-Hz benefits.
-- The 224Hz trick will produce slightly clearer motion than 240Hz because overdrive works better at 224Hz
-- PureXP+ benefits more when you can do framerate=Hz. PureXP+ supported refresh rate rance is 75Hz to 240Hz.

If you can get your simulator minimum frame rate well into the PureXP+ range, then it might be worth trying especially during high speed situations (dog fights, acrobatics or "red bull air race" situations), you'll need to get framerate=Hz for best results via various methods (framerate cap or VSYNC ON or other method). But for volatile or low frame rates, experience is likely better via uncapped G-SYNC.