Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
niros
Posts: 51
Joined: 26 Oct 2019, 14:50

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by niros » 16 May 2020, 16:04

Chief -Always a pleasure to read your comments!
Thanks for the info ( I dont truly understand every term but I'm learning)
If i understand correctly the only benefit for Dyac over PureXP is the brightness but that you can also change in game right?

Regarding the 224hz PureXP+ - i guess it's need to be made in CRU right? can i have a picture for like which settings to set exactly in the CRU?
I Will try all methods and see what's work best for me for the FPS because that's my main game :)

donnie
Posts: 56
Joined: 19 May 2016, 04:07

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by donnie » 17 May 2020, 15:40

niros wrote:
16 May 2020, 16:04
Chief -Always a pleasure to read your comments!
Thanks for the info ( I dont truly understand every term but I'm learning)
If i understand correctly the only benefit for Dyac over PureXP is the brightness but that you can also change in game right?

Regarding the 224hz PureXP+ - i guess it's need to be made in CRU right? can i have a picture for like which settings to set exactly in the CRU?
I Will try all methods and see what's work best for me for the FPS because that's my main game :)
I suggest you do any custom resolution in CRU because that will allow you to use the 10bit mode in NVCP, since with CRU you can edit the block settings and make a new detailed resolution, tutorial for that is available in one of the topics, just search the thread where somebody posted ICC settings and how he likes to set xg270.

Again, my friend has the top of the line Benq XL2746s 240hz TN panel, and he doesn't enable Dyac+.. also most of the people who use those don't enable it many times.. he feels he is worse with it.

Essentially I tested his monitor and I can't feel any difference in terms of input lag, only the colors are worse on Benq.

I would really suggest you to use G-Sync + Vsync low latency method for fast motion FPS like COD,Apex and make a CRU at 224hz, you will see its amasing.

User avatar
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin
Posts: 9013
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44
Location: Toronto / Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 May 2020, 15:52

donnie wrote:
17 May 2020, 15:40
Again, my friend has the top of the line Benq XL2746s 240hz TN panel, and he doesn't enable Dyac+.. also most of the people who use those don't enable it many times.. he feels he is worse with it.
It's a personal preference. Also using DyAc better requires using a higher DPI. Quadruple DPI at 1/4th sensitivity can be the same speed. However, most esports players have often stuck to 400dpi or 800dpi, and haven't always optimized their gaming mouse to be more strobe-friendly. It hurts esports strobe advantages if you don't optimize for high-DPI that strobing benefits from.

There is also a personal preference factor too -- but there's also an optimization factor too to maximize milking the competitive advantages of strobing.

Strobing can look harsh/stuttery/jittery and one needs to work harder to fix those tiny microstutters, to make strobing TestUFO-smooth with enough competitive advantages.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

Infinity
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 May 2020, 15:47

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Infinity » 17 May 2020, 23:34

niros wrote:
16 May 2020, 11:36
donnie wrote:
16 May 2020, 11:00
niros wrote:
15 May 2020, 23:46
Hey so i already ordered the monitor but after reading this entire thread I'm starting to have some regrets
is this monitor really the best for me if my needs are competetive shooters like Apex legends? it seems people here dont use PureXP with games like Apex because of the INput lag- so i was thinking maybe a TN with Dyac like the BenQ is still the way to go for me?

I understand that 120hz/120fps is the best for PureXP but i will probably notice the input lag in Apex when i enable VSYNC in NVCP or even in Game.. So if shooters are my main use of the monitor.. is it really the right one for me?

I'd love to get more info about it from people who actually play because right now i'm using an old gsync 144hz tn and if the only upgrade im gonna get is colors... then maybe i did a mistake :<

edit- just checked and newegg already shipped it so i cant really return it until i get it delivered
Anyway - convice me to keep it for shooters! :D

thanks
Believe me the whole input lag fiasco makes little to no real world issues. I play competetive shooters at high level and use this screen, my friend uses Benq 2746s with Dyac and to be honest our performance comes down to individual skill not monitor.

Let me explain you, because this might be confusing at first. PureXP+ is meant for fast panning moba games more then FPS shooters, you will see the benefit in Dota\LoL because the motion will be near perfect and will increase your clarity while fast scrolling. It is also very nice for dektop viewing of text and general use, as everything is glassy and sharp.

For shooters you don't have to really use it, you can just turn on G-Sync and then use one of the low latency vsync tricks. Eg. Vsync ON + NULL or capping the frames below hz in game.

This monitor has very little input lag for the IPS panel and very accurate colors, Using 224hz trick with 220 fps cap and Overdrive on fastest, will give you very good response for FPS games. Now for a veeery small trade off (and I mean, you can't rlly notice it) in input lag, turning G-Sync on you will get far less motion blur and crisp fast movements. Now this will increase your clarity of the targets dramatically. I find it that trading few ms for better target clarity helps me far more then not seeing the target in the first place.

Furthermore you can even use 240hz and uncapped, this monitor gives you a lot of possibilities and far better colors then TN panels around.

Hope I got you convinced :)
if you say the viewsonic pureXP work the same as BenQ Dyac than yes i am conviced
I think what confused me in the first place is that every Benq review i saw mentioned that if you activate Dyac on 240hz its a "game changer" you can control recoil better because of the clarity/motion blur and so on
So when i saw here that for FPS people turn off PureXP i was thinking maybe its not the monitor i need because my main gameplay gonna be FPS - but i will have to experience with it when the monitor arrive next week
Because if most esport players use the Dyac Benq activated - why here we would disable PureXP if they are the same?
I mean most CSGO people don't even use Dyac so if you're wanting to return this monitor to get the 500 dollar BenQ that has Dyac ( which most pro's don't even use they use the older version of the monitor) go for it? I can personally say coming from a BENQ TN panels I won't be going back to TNs. If Benq makes a solid IPS ill consider it. I would say going to a TN panel at this point isn't an upgrade. If you do wanna mess around with PureXP in CSGO because I do sometimes and I enjoy it ( level 9 faceit player ) you can do the 224hz hack like chief suggests just make a custom resolution in nvidia control panel for it. You can play with LIght/normal just fine still have decent brightness and get the benefits of it. I mostly see it helping when it comes to people wide-swinging me or when I AWP I personally don't notice it helping recoil control at all to be honest and I've tried DYAC before and didn't really notice anything. In terms of input lag there is barely any lot of Pro's are entitled whiners who don't know what they are saying most of the time anyway and just heard 10 years ago that lightboost caused input lag so ULMB ELMB and PureXP 10 years later must do the same lol. Try the monitor and return it if you don't like it but personally you'll just be playing 240hz with no adaptive sync/pureXP turned on for CSGO and it being IPS 240hz alone is worth it to me. For Apex I haven't tried myself but I can actually see a pretty large benefit to playing that with PureXP on since lot of aiming in Apex is tracking. I just wanna say this monitor is worth every penny and no matter what game you decide to play on it it has features to make the experience as best as possible. I think a sorely undervalued option on the monitor is how good its black equalizer is I can basically remove all shadows/dark areas from CSGO putting it around 10-11 and it works way better than my BenQs did.

User avatar
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin
Posts: 9013
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44
Location: Toronto / Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 May 2020, 23:45

Infinity wrote:
17 May 2020, 23:34
I mean most CSGO people don't even use Dyac so if you're wanting to return this monitor to get the 500 dollar BenQ that has Dyac ( which most pro's don't even use they use the older version of the monitor) go for it? I can personally say coming from a BENQ TN panels I won't be going back to TNs. If Benq makes a solid IPS ill consider it. I would say going to a TN panel at this point isn't an upgrade. If you do wanna mess around with PureXP in CSGO because I do sometimes and I enjoy it ( level 9 faceit player ) you can do the 224hz hack like chief suggests just make a custom resolution in nvidia control panel for it. You can play with LIght/normal just fine still have decent brightness and get the benefits of it. I mostly see it helping when it comes to people wide-swinging me or when I AWP I personally don't notice it helping recoil control at all to be honest and I've tried DYAC before and didn't really notice anything. In terms of input lag there is barely any lot of Pro's are entitled whiners who don't know what they are saying most of the time anyway and just heard 10 years ago that lightboost caused input lag so ULMB ELMB and PureXP 10 years later must do the same lol. Try the monitor and return it if you don't like it but personally you'll just be playing 240hz with no adaptive sync/pureXP turned on for CSGO and it being IPS 240hz alone is worth it to me. For Apex I haven't tried myself but I can actually see a pretty large benefit to playing that with PureXP on since lot of aiming in Apex is tracking. I just wanna say this monitor is worth every penny and no matter what game you decide to play on it it has features to make the experience as best as possible. I think a sorely undervalued option on the monitor is how good its black equalizer is I can basically remove all shadows/dark areas from CSGO putting it around 10-11 and it works way better than my BenQs did.
Thanks for the compliments about the XG270!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

niros
Posts: 51
Joined: 26 Oct 2019, 14:50

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by niros » 18 May 2020, 01:30

Thank you all for the comments
I'm very excited to try the monitor already!
My only concern right now is that my 980Ti isn't strong enough to push those extra frames - but that would be taken care of next month when i build my new PC (already got some of the parts)

SO until then i will keep testing the monitor and get ready for my new build

I do have a question that I'm not sure if it's related to monitors at all but for example in APEX i have the Worse screen tearing I've ever seen and I've no idea how to fix it... does monitor's affect the screen tearing aswell?

donnie
Posts: 56
Joined: 19 May 2016, 04:07

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by donnie » 20 May 2020, 05:34

Hey all, I have one question:

Which black stabilizer setting are you guys using for desktop\movies and which for games? I am not sure which setting is the most accurate.

Currently I am trying 11, which seems for me the most accurate setting for desktop use.

rambosambo89
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 May 2020, 11:42

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by rambosambo89 » 20 May 2020, 11:48

Can anyone direct me to detailed, stupid proof instructions on how to create a custom resolution of 224hz or 225hz or 234hz or whatever? I really want to play around with these “sweet spots” But have no idea what I’m doing. I just built a pc and bought this monitor. I love it out of the box at 240 and fastest OD. But I really want to try other refresh rates.
I have an AMD GPU and can’t get it to accept the refresh rate change in the software. I downloaded CRU but I’m also lost on how to use that.. thanks for any help.
I mainly play Fortnite if you guys have any other good settings tips.

Dmoney405
Posts: 47
Joined: 01 Mar 2020, 01:14

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Dmoney405 » 21 May 2020, 23:02

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
17 May 2020, 15:52
donnie wrote:
17 May 2020, 15:40
Again, my friend has the top of the line Benq XL2746s 240hz TN panel, and he doesn't enable Dyac+.. also most of the people who use those don't enable it many times.. he feels he is worse with it.
It's a personal preference. Also using DyAc better requires using a higher DPI. Quadruple DPI at 1/4th sensitivity can be the same speed. However, most esports players have often stuck to 400dpi or 800dpi, and haven't always optimized their gaming mouse to be more strobe-friendly. It hurts esports strobe advantages if you don't optimize for high-DPI that strobing benefits from.

There is also a personal preference factor too -- but there's also an optimization factor too to maximize milking the competitive advantages of strobing.

Strobing can look harsh/stuttery/jittery and one needs to work harder to fix those tiny microstutters, to make strobing TestUFO-smooth with enough competitive advantages.
Issue I have with increasing DPI and cutting ingame is that a lot of games still use mouse DPI for menus and character screens so while the game feels the same as soon as you bring up anything your mouse becomes really difficult to control. A notorious example of this is PUBG when you hit tab to loot items from bodies. It kinda throws you off.

User avatar
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin
Posts: 9013
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 15:44
Location: Toronto / Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 May 2020, 11:13

Dmoney405 wrote:
21 May 2020, 23:02
Issue I have with increasing DPI and cutting ingame is that a lot of games still use mouse DPI for menus and character screens so while the game feels the same as soon as you bring up anything your mouse becomes really difficult to control. A notorious example of this is PUBG when you hit tab to loot items from bodies. It kinda throws you off.
Aint that grumbleworthy!

More game developers should add separate sensitivity settings for menus versus game.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors

Post Reply