Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 May 2020, 11:13

rambosambo89 wrote:
20 May 2020, 11:48
Can anyone direct me to detailed, stupid proof instructions on how to create a custom resolution of 224hz or 225hz or 234hz or whatever? I really want to play around with these “sweet spots” But have no idea what I’m doing. I just built a pc and bought this monitor. I love it out of the box at 240 and fastest OD. But I really want to try other refresh rates.
I have an AMD GPU and can’t get it to accept the refresh rate change in the software. I downloaded CRU but I’m also lost on how to use that.. thanks for any help.
I mainly play Fortnite if you guys have any other good settings tips.
I'll be publishing a guide about this in the near future, so keep tuned.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 May 2020, 12:01

donnie wrote:
20 May 2020, 05:34
Hey all, I have one question:

Which black stabilizer setting are you guys using for desktop\movies and which for games? I am not sure which setting is the most accurate.

Currently I am trying 11, which seems for me the most accurate setting for desktop use.
Try temporarily turning off black stabilizer and instead try Movie or sRGB mode (different profile) as a ViewMode under CUSTOM1.

For movie watching purposes, you can verify with:
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Dmoney405

Post by Dmoney405 » 22 May 2020, 12:42

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
22 May 2020, 11:13
Dmoney405 wrote:
21 May 2020, 23:02
Issue I have with increasing DPI and cutting ingame is that a lot of games still use mouse DPI for menus and character screens so while the game feels the same as soon as you bring up anything your mouse becomes really difficult to control. A notorious example of this is PUBG when you hit tab to loot items from bodies. It kinda throws you off.
Aint that grumbleworthy!

More game developers should add separate sensitivity settings for menus versus game.
Yes please

donnie

Post by donnie » 23 May 2020, 04:10

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
22 May 2020, 12:01
donnie wrote:
20 May 2020, 05:34
Hey all, I have one question:

Which black stabilizer setting are you guys using for desktop\movies and which for games? I am not sure which setting is the most accurate.

Currently I am trying 11, which seems for me the most accurate setting for desktop use.
Try temporarily turning off black stabilizer and instead try Movie or sRGB mode (different profile) as a ViewMode under CUSTOM1.

For movie watching purposes, you can verify with:
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php
How do you turn off black stabilizer? If I put viewmode Movie it just puts it on 11. Also sRGB seems to only be available at black stabilizer 11 setting, anything else disables it. Seems 11 is the native value, or am I missing something?

Also I noticed one thing, using Full color control, custom RGB with OD fastest setting adds huge ghosting\coronas and stuff.. I am not sure why? It seems we can only control custom RGB without fastest mode or in PureXP mode but otherwise we are bound to use pre-configured profiles. Is this a bug?

Here's the examples:

How to reproduce: Set OD Fastest and enable Full color control.

Native mode:
https://ibb.co/HKz98s8

Full control:
https://ibb.co/9YZYXCs

So the only thing I am changing is the color temperature..The full control doesn't add this ghosting stuff in OD Ultra Fast. Feels like it shouldn't do such drastic thing also in fastest, can you check this with viewsonic?

TheMadMan697

Post by TheMadMan697 » 23 May 2020, 17:25

donnie wrote:
23 May 2020, 04:10
Also I noticed one thing, using Full color control, custom RGB with OD fastest setting adds huge ghosting\coronas and stuff.. I am not sure why? It seems we can only control custom RGB without fastest mode or in PureXP mode but otherwise we are bound to use pre-configured profiles. Is this a bug?
Wow dude thank you for posting this. I was wondering why my fastest mode was so bad. I had calibrated my monitor using full colour control but switching back to native fixes it just like yours. :)

donnie

Post by donnie » 24 May 2020, 02:51

TheMadMan697 wrote:
23 May 2020, 17:25
Wow dude thank you for posting this. I was wondering why my fastest mode was so bad. I had calibrated my monitor using full colour control but switching back to native fixes it just like yours. :)
Glad it helped, this feels like a bug to me, just changing color mode adds huge coronas\ghosting on OD Fastest. Maybe we can get this checked by Viewsonic and fixed in the firmware update? @Chief Blur Buster

niros

Post by niros » 24 May 2020, 04:40

Hey! I got the monitor today and hope you can share some tips on how to set it up for FPS only :)

edit: I tried the 120hz trick but i dont think i pulled it off
anyway I'm looking for settings that are best for FPS wise \ recoil control + good looking colors

That's all i care for :)

thanks!

donnie

Post by donnie » 24 May 2020, 06:22

niros wrote:
24 May 2020, 04:40
Hey! I got the monitor today and hope you can share some tips on how to set it up for FPS only :)

anyway I'm looking for settings that are best for FPS wise \ recoil control + good looking colors

thanks!
G-Sync ON + 224hz + od fastest -> capping fps to 220 without v-sync is really nice for FPS motion clarity. Black stabilizer 11, Contrast 65-69, brightness per likings, Native color mode.

Chief pls pls look at my previous post about color setting bug in OD Fastest and maybe contact viewsonic, would be really nice if we could fix this.

niros

Post by niros » 24 May 2020, 06:47

donnie wrote:
24 May 2020, 06:22
niros wrote:
24 May 2020, 04:40

thanks!
G-Sync ON + 224hz + od fastest -> capping fps to 220 without v-sync is really nice for FPS motion clarity. Black stabilizer 11, Contrast 65-69, brightness per likings, Native color mode.

Chief pls pls look at my previous post about color setting bug in OD Fastest and maybe contact viewsonic, would be really nice if we could fix this.
224hz on nvcp or i create it on CRU?
any how you activate gsync? i only have adapative sync in nvcp

edit; i dont have g-sync on my nvcp - is it related to older driver version maybe?

edit again- So i double checked and my gpu cant do gsync (980ti) - anyway next month i buy a new pc so ill get a 2070 super or higher gpu

So i messed with PureXP on/off and it seems that PureXP on light at 240hz works kinda good! i can see a huge improvement compared to my older monitor- i actually see enemies much better! but i still want to figure two things
for some reason fastest OD worked wierd in apex causing some wierd pixel graphics unless i change it to ultra or something like that

My plan is to make 2 custom profiles - 1 for FPS games only < and a Second profile for RPG's like TheWitcher 3<

If you can guide me on each profile and which settings to use i would appereciate it ! because there's alot of info here and its hard to understand which one work for which use and sometimes a simple guide meant for idiots like me could really help

other than that - i really like the menu controlls on the monitor
the IPS colors are truly amazing compared to my older TN
backlight bleed is minimal and i dont notice it
27' 1080p is awesome and i dont understand why people complain about it:o

so far im enjoying the monitor -its an upgrade indeed! i just need a new pc to fully utilize it

illiore

Post by illiore » 24 May 2020, 11:40

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 05:29
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 02:52
knak wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 02:25
First, very good monitor but having problems with the firmware update.
Tried most of the stuff, memory recall, removing custom resolutions etc. Now recently I formatted my computer and downloaded the software and this is the only thing that shows up (see attachment). No pop-ups about the update and when clicking on the options the other one disappear (attachment 2 and 3). Also the profiles seems to be missing on the right side?
I have already emailed my ViewSonic contacts. Hopefully I will have an answer soon.

While waiting, you may wish to try these troubleshooting tips:
-- Plug in your USB3 cable (included with XG270) to your monitor's USB port, and then reboot your computer.
-- Memory Recall (factory reset) in the ViewSonic XG270 menus
-- Try a different port on the monitor (bypass DDC signalling incompatibility issue)
-- Try a different port on your GPU (bypass DDC signalling incompatibility issue)
UPDATE: ViewSonic is asking for your email address. Please email squad [at] blurbusters.com with a copy of this forum post (and results of the above tests) -- and I'll forward it to ViewSonic so they can directly respond to you.

Thank you!
Hey, I'm having the exact same issue as the guy were helping in this post. Is there any information on how to fix this problem? Switching ports does not change anything.