Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Mar 2021, 03:08

Markachy wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 06:15
EDIT Managed a quick fix - tried a different CRU method - I set the custom resolutions below 200Hz using "standard" resolution slots, and only the 224Hz in the detailed resolution slot. And it has fixed itself! Not sure why, but all good once again.
You need to create a custom FreeSync range in CRU for your detailed resolution slots.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

DaniOK

Post by DaniOK » 19 Mar 2021, 15:56

Hello! I've been using my monitor for the two days.
On the Google's homepage I've noticed stripes in some places. I thought it might be dirt, so I started to wipe it off. I discovered a peculiar effect after wiping, some of the spots of the stripes disappear for a while and then reappear after a seconds. Should I return the monitor or am I just nitpicking? Attached a photo on a green background, so you can see it best. About one sixth of the screen was shot. I tried make it more visible in Mad Max shot. It is very visible in motion while stripes are static.
Attachments
DSCF4233.JPG
DSCF4233.JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 8200 times
DSCF4225.JPG
DSCF4225.JPG (424.56 KiB) Viewed 8200 times
DSCF4224.JPG
DSCF4224.JPG (492.43 KiB) Viewed 8200 times

Ansive

Post by Ansive » 19 Mar 2021, 18:05

If I check solid colors I see no vertical lines, stripes or banding on my monitor.

Make sure your color depth is 32bit.
Try multiple refresh rates, PureXP on/off.
Check the cables/graphics output.
Try it with another device or PC if available.

That's all I can think of now, not an expert.

DaniOK

Post by DaniOK » 24 Mar 2021, 10:12

I received second unit and it has exact same problem, but now right in the center. How lucky I am. Ordered the 3d one.

PS I am very disappointed with this model. The last one also has spot of light vertical stripes. Smaller and in onather place, but I can still see it. This monitor was even from another part.

GammaLyrae

Post by GammaLyrae » 20 May 2021, 00:43

Looks like the XG2431 has more or less confirmed no 60hz support or further firmware feature updates are coming. No reason to give it to you now if they can ask you to buy a $300-500 monitor to get it.

I do really want 60hz PureXP+, so I'll be keeping a close eye out on reviews and such for the new shininess when it's out. I hope there aren't any dealbreaker performance problems, it would be a shame if the new monitor was somehow lesser in any category than this one. I am glad that the Blur Busters certification program continues to evolve.

zibra

Post by zibra » 18 Mar 2022, 18:22

Sorry if it has already been asked but I'm not really understanding anything anymore...
I would like to buy this monitor but I have a terrible doubt: I practically only play fighting games that run at 60fps and I would like to avoid motion blur as much as possible with a CRT-like motion but also have the lowest possible input lag.
What settings should I use on this monitor? What results can I expect?
Usually I play:
current games on PC connected to panasonic plasma TV,
emulators on PC connected in vga to sony CRT monitors,
emulators on raspberry with rgb-pi OS and scart rgb on crt tv.
Can you help me? Doubts destroy me...

Reverae

Post by Reverae » 31 Mar 2022, 14:48

zibra wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 18:22
Sorry if it has already been asked but I'm not really understanding anything anymore...
I would like to buy this monitor but I have a terrible doubt: I practically only play fighting games that run at 60fps and I would like to avoid motion blur as much as possible with a CRT-like motion but also have the lowest possible input lag.
What settings should I use on this monitor? What results can I expect?
Usually I play:
current games on PC connected to panasonic plasma TV,
emulators on PC connected in vga to sony CRT monitors,
emulators on raspberry with rgb-pi OS and scart rgb on crt tv.
Can you help me? Doubts destroy me...
Download the custom utility. Someone in YT posted this "I use a custom setting with a pulse width of 19 (which gives me about 100 nits of brightness). I think my pulse phase is at something like 82 , overdrive at 5, and vertical total of 4500. I get ZERO crosstalk at 60Hz and it looks absolutely amazing. "

SEA_mukilteo

Post by SEA_mukilteo » 18 Apr 2022, 16:23

Can I expect no ghosting 3D stereo image with quadro graphic card / stereo 3 pin extension connector/active IR shutter glass and this viewsonic XG270?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 Apr 2022, 23:24

SEA_mukilteo wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 16:23
Can I expect no ghosting 3D stereo image with quadro graphic card / stereo 3 pin extension connector/active IR shutter glass and this viewsonic XG270?
Personally I'd consider the ViewSonic XG2431 for even better zero-crosstalk results (using 120Hz with the VT2250 trick).

Make sure the 3D glasses are correct polarization (vertical polarization versus horizontal polarization). IPS is polarized 90 degrees differently from TN screens, so shutter glasses for TN screens won't necessarily work unless you rotate your monitor by 90 degrees to portrait.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

SEA_mukilteo

Post by SEA_mukilteo » 19 Apr 2022, 23:35

I will order the ViewSonic XG2431 and test it.
Thanks for the shutter glasses consideration for IPS which I never think about.