Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 31 Mar 2020, 01:40

elexor wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 01:16
Thanks for fighting the good fight chief!
It's not just nostalgia as you know motion blur on a 60hz sample and hold is pretty bad. Even just halving persistence helps alot.
Indeed.

There's so much time during a 60Hz refresh cycle (16.7ms) on a 240Hz monitor that you can use a pulse width of 50% (8.3ms) -- less flickery than a short pulse -- and still have enough headroom for hiding GtG-in-VBI (1ms GtG and 8ms flash in an ~12.5ms VBI, since each 60Hz refresh cycles can scan out in 1/240sec on many 240Hz panels).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

elexor

Post by elexor » 31 Mar 2020, 02:35

When i heard of a possible 240hz ips that could single strobe at lower hz I got excited I hope we will see one eventually.

tznch

Post by tznch » 31 Mar 2020, 03:07

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 22:40
tznch wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 07:37
Hi everyone. XG270 owner here. Today i noticed firmware upgrade for elite controller. Decided "why not". After update - my XG270 went off and dont go on anymore. However, USB hub works fine.
Cattiy19 wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 16:26
Same problem here...Immediately after starting the update process, the screen turned black. Sitting here for minutes. How long I am supposed to wait?
Coloz wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 20:03
Yep. Mine was also bricked in the same way. Turned off just after clicking update firmware and right after it was downloaded. Tried power unplugging power, nothing. Tried unplugging usb, nothing. Also tried holding down the power button and a combination of the other buttons nothing.
Express Expedited Hotfix
Users with bricked monitors, I have received a package with a solution (ONLY for bricked XG270 monitors)

Please email [email protected] with "ViewSonic XG270 Firmware Fix" in subject line, with information about your bricked monitor (please describe what happened, and describe if XG270 is gone or showing when right click Desktop -> Display Settings, and if it is still visible in Device Manager). Allow 24-48hours for a reply, because I have to personally test this package first. However, I post this now to inform you that there's a potential no-shipping-needed solution.

Note: This will not be useful for XG270 monitors that are not bricked. (Please wait for prompt from Viewsonic Elite Controller)
This is an express hot-fix software package specifically only for users of a bricked XG270.

Stand by... I am working overnight, working hard to make you all happy campers.
Tried this fix and it's worked. Monitor unbricked. Even in case if monitor not recognized in device manager as monitor (my case actually)
Thanks a lot, Chief! Monitor is stable. But still i dont see that they cleared pop-up notification with firmware upgrade from elite controller (i'm staying with old-stable one)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 31 Mar 2020, 03:15

tznch wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 03:07
Tried this fix and it's worked. Monitor unbricked. Even in case if monitor not recognized in device manager as monitor (my case actually)
Thanks a lot, Chief! Monitor is stable. But still i dont see that they cleared pop-up notification with firmware upgrade from elite controller (i'm staying with old-stable one)
Excellent news!
It's 4:15am now, I can go to bed.
NOTE: Chief Blur Buster might not be up till after noon ET -- exhausted -- so please bear with me if I don't reply to emails until after 1:00pm ET. Allow 24-48hours for reply.

BTW, you're already on the new firmware upgrade, the Express Expedited Hotfix includes the (good) new firmware.
Open your PureXP menu, you will have OFF | Ultra | Extreme | Normal | Light

I will pass the information to ViewSonic about the pop up notification. But if just says "Elite Display Controller New Version", that's simply the Windows software, not the new firmware.
image_2020_03_31T08_18_59_279Z.png
image_2020_03_31T08_18_59_279Z.png (493.49 KiB) Viewed 5170 times
That notification is the app, not the firmware.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 31 Mar 2020, 03:21

elexor wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 02:35
When i heard of a possible 240hz ips that could single strobe at lower hz I got excited I hope we will see one eventually.
The XG270 can single-strobe at all refresh rates from 75Hz to 240Hz, at any custom resolution.
It just doesn't single-strobe at 60 Hz.

Due to strobe crosstalk limitations with most 1ms GtG 240Hz panels (1ms TN and 1ms IPS) -- the recommended strobe range is 75 Hz through 144 Hz, with a preference for 120 Hz.

Cattiy19

Post by Cattiy19 » 31 Mar 2020, 03:43

Update! Fix worked! Thany you very much again for your top service!!!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 31 Mar 2020, 04:00

Cattiy19 wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 03:43
Update! Fix worked! Thany you very much again for your top service!!!
You're welcome! I truly sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and am relieved.

This was one of the fastest firmware-fixes in the display industry -- less than 8 hours from first bug report to firmware update -- with Canada (me) and Taiwan (ViewSonic) collaborating to make this happen expeditiously. That's the Blur Busters service!

To other forum readers: Please excuse me while I head to bed -- it's 5:00am in my time zone -- if any of you accidentally bricked your XG270, I will reply to your emails tomorrow afternoon ET with the monitor-unbricking installer. No inconvenient shipping needed!

P.S. ViewSonic Elite Display Controller -- If it now prompts you for firmware, the "Update Now" button is now safe to click.

dl666

Post by dl666 » 31 Mar 2020, 10:27

HM, the new update seems to have broken the monitors controllers? Can´t change settings with the buttons on the monitor..

h4lli

Post by h4lli » 31 Mar 2020, 11:39

new FW working.. with new PureXP levels this monitor is now beyond awesome.. old "on" setting felt a little too dark.. now on "normal" is just right for my taste :)

thanks so much for ur work!!

Anthony3187

Post by Anthony3187 » 31 Mar 2020, 11:50

Just wondering but my Firmware Update prompt never pops up on my monitor. The Viewsonic Elite Display Controller software did update to version 1.1.1.0 and in the new version the RGB never works with the monitor and no display options popup at all in the controller. The older version of the display controller was working fine with my monitor however, RGB and display options/pureXP all worked within the software.