Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Nov 2020, 16:53

kawerte wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 02:06
I've setup the monitor with PureXP and it works wonderfully, but some games when in Full Screen like Overwatch and Aimlab disable PureXP - it becomes blacked out in OSD and is turned off.
That's because it probably switched something on (e.g. VRR gets turned on).
Try turning G-SYNC off in NVIDIA Control Panel if you want to use PureXP in your monitor.

Also please double check your game is running at refresh rate you want to use PureXP at. The PureXP refresh rate range is 75Hz-240Hz on the XG270.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

kawerte

Post by kawerte » 05 Nov 2020, 17:33

Is it normal for the mouse to have a trail (corona) when it is moved fast? I have PureXP on and 1000Hz polling rate with 1600 DPI.
To be fair this happens only when I move the cursor kind of fast.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Nov 2020, 19:30

kawerte wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 17:33
Is it normal for the mouse to have a trail (corona) when it is moved fast? I have PureXP on and 1000Hz polling rate with 1600 DPI. To be fair this happens only when I move the cursor kind of fast.
This will happen at specific PureXP refresh rates. To reduce this effect, use a low optimized PureXP refresh rate with less strobe crosstalk.

For lowest strobe crosstalk (also affects mouse cursor), the 119Hz or 120Hz mode is a favourite around here, or the 100Hz mode. Something that doesn't crosstalk as much at www.testufo.com/crosstalk will help the mouse cursor.

Also, if you're using specific Windows themes, you might have picked a very slow GtG pair in the GtG heatmap (color of background versus color of mouse cursor). You can also adjust this, to reduce the ghosting.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

dl666

Post by dl666 » 06 Nov 2020, 06:12

I check the monitorbox and it said that the contents: The display, video cable, power cable and quick start guide. So I haven't got the correct cable to upgrade the firmware?

I have this cable I think : https://www.amazon.com/TRIPP-10-Feet-Su ... B00I83XF76

Is this the problem? I need another one to get it to work? (elite display controller don't give me an option to upgrade the firmware).

Polytech

Post by Polytech » 07 Nov 2020, 04:58

I tried to turn ON Adaptive vsync today, wanted to test it out in games. My screen just went black and nothing. System doesnt respond. If i reboot with Adaptive vsync turned on, i see the booting process but once windows 10 is loaded the screen turns black. If i switch back to Adaptive vsync off, i still see black screen. Untill i shutdown the pc and turn it back on. After reboot everything is ok.

Either i dont understand something about adpative vsync or it doesnt work correcty? The monitor is connected through Display port. Latest drivers are installed for my Geforce 1660, Windows 10 pro. What can be wrong?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Nov 2020, 17:45

Polytech wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 04:58
I tried to turn ON Adaptive vsync today
Are you talking about FreeSync or Adaptive VSYNC? Those are two different things. FreeSync is built into the XG270 but Adaptive VSYNC is a graphics driver feature.

Trying to combine FreeSync and Adaptive VSYNC simultaneously is NOT recommended; they can interfere with each other.

- If you use Adaptive VSYNC, turn Radeon FreeSync OFF in the monitor's menu for best results
- If you use G-SYNC Compatible (FreeSync on NVIDIA), turn Radeon FreeSync ON in the monitor's menu for best results

dl666

Post by dl666 » 07 Nov 2020, 17:57

Chief can you check my question above or someone who managed to update their firmware? thx

Polytech

Post by Polytech » 08 Nov 2020, 05:39

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 17:45
Polytech wrote:
07 Nov 2020, 04:58
I tried to turn ON Adaptive vsync today
Are you talking about FreeSync or Adaptive VSYNC? Those are two different things. FreeSync is built into the XG270 but Adaptive VSYNC is a graphics driver feature.

Trying to combine FreeSync and Adaptive VSYNC simultaneously is NOT recommended; they can interfere with each other.

- If you use Adaptive VSYNC, turn Radeon FreeSync OFF in the monitor's menu for best results
- If you use G-SYNC Compatible (FreeSync on NVIDIA), turn Radeon FreeSync ON in the monitor's menu for best results
Sorry, my bad. I meant Adaptive SYNC, (not adaptive vsync). Its an option in the monitor OSD menu, which i suppose is turning on the freesync/g-sync mode on the monitor. Which in turn (as i thought) should allow to turn g-sync on in the Nvidia control panel. Anyway, when i turn adaptive sync on, the screen goes black.

Ansive

Post by Ansive » 08 Nov 2020, 11:45

Test the monitor with another PC. Either the monitor is broken or your system is broken (windows/graphics card/drivers).

When I enable adaptive sync the screen blanks out a few seconds, then nvidia notifies me that a gsync compatible screen has been detected. I can then enable gsync in the driver control panel.

Refuel

Post by Refuel » 14 Nov 2020, 04:07

Had this monitor for 6 months now. I don't run pureXP due to the variable FPS in most of my games (Stellaris endgame is still brutal) but running at 240hz, gsync/vsync with frame lock @ 236 frames and faster response time setting, I absoutely love it and it's smooth as glass. By far the best recommendation ever Chief BB!