Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
zbone

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by zbone » 23 Jan 2020, 00:48

:) It's definitely not available in Australia yet. However, I am very hype skeptic as already got burnt when buying monitors generally praised here as the best thing ever.
I just can't imagine going down from 1440p IPS 165Hz down to 1080p and 100-120Hz. Anything below 144Hz is very meh.
Also I had the pleasure of owning an FW900 few years ago before getting rid of it for $20 (foolishly so, I must admit, due to personal reasons) and don't remember being blown away too much for some reason. Otherwise, I wouldn't sell it and honestly very few takers were out there for it as well.

heckenjoni

Post by heckenjoni » 23 Jan 2020, 09:31

zbone wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 00:48
It's definitely not available in Australia yet. However, I am very hype skeptic as already got burnt when buying monitors generally praised here as the best thing ever.
I just can't imagine going down from 1440p IPS 165Hz down to 1080p and 100-120Hz. Anything below 144Hz is very meh.
Also I had the pleasure of owning an FW900 few years ago before getting rid of it for $20 (foolishly so, I must admit, due to personal reasons) and don't remember being blown away too much for some reason. Otherwise, I wouldn't sell it and honestly very few takers were out there for it as well.
Hi maybe this can help you, my main monitor is the lenovo y27-20 (ips 165hz, with the new lg panel) love it so far, next to it since a few weeks/days the xg270 and i have to say i love it, i play leauge on a pretty high level and i love the purexp (with 120hz) just love it i also play some EFT and going from 1440p to 1080p is noticable but in leauge for example it is very minimal in a shooter you can see it, but i got used to it, for a moment i thaught about sending it back and wait for the xl2546s or the asus 258qm, but tbh after gaming a lot on it the past few days i dont want to go back to tn (xl2546s) and i prefere the pureXP feature over the 240hz + adaptive sync, so i guess the xg270 will be overall better then the asus vg259qm even if i prefere 25", from what i gatherd about elmb-sync it is terrible with a lot of overshoot and so on.. I can say overall i am very happy with this monitor, i thaught i would send it back but i will keep it my only downside is the brightness, not by much if it could get brighter by ~10% that would be more then enough (just for daytime use) and if i understand everything correctly this should be possible once the update is there :)

btw do we know at what point the firmware update will come ?

rasmas

Post by rasmas » 23 Jan 2020, 10:49

Zealot wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 08:58
Its already available in Europe, I am in Germany and picked mine up 2 weeks ago.
Thanks, after checking the viewsonic web, seems you are right. I'm looking at amazon, so maybe they are taking their time to "officialy" bring it (as i've seen some and seems like if they were imported as they were for +700€).
;)
heckenjoni wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 09:31
Hi maybe this can help you, my main monitor is the lenovo y27-20 (ips 165hz, with the new lg panel) love it so far, next to it since a few weeks/days the xg270 and i have to say i love it, i play leauge on a pretty high level and i love the purexp (with 120hz) just love it i also play some EFT and going from 1440p to 1080p is noticable but in leauge for example it is very minimal in a shooter you can see it, but i got used to it, for a moment i thaught about sending it back and wait for the xl2546s or the asus 258qm, but tbh after gaming a lot on it the past few days i dont want to go back to tn (xl2546s) and i prefere the pureXP feature over the 240hz + adaptive sync, so i guess the xg270 will be overall better then the asus vg259qm even if i prefere 25", from what i gatherd about elmb-sync it is terrible with a lot of overshoot and so on.. I can say overall i am very happy with this monitor, i thaught i would send it back but i will keep it my only downside is the brightness, not by much if it could get brighter by ~10% that would be more then enough (just for daytime use) and if i understand everything correctly this should be possible once the update is there :)

Can i ask you (or anyone who uses it), how does it look without the purexp on? And on very demanding games (=60 FPS or so)?
I tried a Viewsonic 144Hz TN (ViewSonic VX2458-mhd) before and i admit it was fine for me, but not as "perfect" as i'd like; not sure if maybe because my PC can't bring enough power to show stable FPS or because it was not good enough. The xg270 is a bit "expensive" but maybe it can be worthy if it has a better "base" quality.

Zealot

Post by Zealot » 23 Jan 2020, 11:12

The 700€+ version may be the XG270QG version which is 1440p/144hz. Amazon listed them incorrectly here aswell earlier, its possible other retailer made the same mistake.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Jan 2020, 13:32

zbone wrote:
Also I had the pleasure of owning an FW900 few years ago before getting rid of it for $20
We need a FW900 (or similiar) as a reference CRT, I'll be happy to buy it off for $20 for a head-to-head. :D
heckenjoni wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 09:31
I've asked ViewSonic for this information, but I know they need more time to test it.
(These things really need to be well-tested -- easy firmware upgraders need to be reliable & not brick monitors).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 24 Jan 2020, 05:26

Chief, when you tweaked the PureXP+ firmware, how many Overdrive Levels are availables in this environment ? The same levels as users with PureXP+ Off ?

When PureXP+ or Adaptive Sync are active, Overdrive setting is locked and Dinamic Overdrive set ON ?

Hope next generation high end LCD panels and future Blur Busters Approved monitors come all with High Precision Dinamic Overdrive like Nixeus NX-EDG274K, 128 levels, i think is far beyond Nvidia do with current GSync modules !

mello

Post by mello » 24 Jan 2020, 06:26

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 13:32
zbone wrote:
Also I had the pleasure of owning an FW900 few years ago before getting rid of it for $20
We need a FW900 (or similiar) as a reference CRT, I'll be happy to buy it off for $20 for a head-to-head. :D
What are some of the best CRT monitors from the past ? Has anyone have a list of 10 CRT monitors that were considered the best ones ? I'm willing to buy one just for the sake of testing & comparison purpose, but i don't think i will be able to buy FW900 as its worth is $2,000+ based on most recent sales on ebay.

DanniWantsAMonitor

Post by DanniWantsAMonitor » 24 Jan 2020, 16:04

GammaLyrae wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 00:15
It looks like in that video he does a pretty good job of demonstrating what IPS glow is and how to reduce your perception of it. A lot of the tricks I already knew (play in a well lit room, sit as far away from the monitor you can tolerate, light behind the monitor also helps) he goes over and shows practical demonstrations of what happens when you play up close in a darker room.
Would you say this video accurately shows IPS glow as you'd see it in real life (as opposed to all those over-exposed photos flying around)?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Jan 2020, 02:58

AddictFPS wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 05:26
Chief, when you tweaked the PureXP+ firmware, how many Overdrive Levels are availables in this environment ? The same levels as users with PureXP+ Off ?

When PureXP+ or Adaptive Sync are active, Overdrive setting is locked and Dinamic Overdrive set ON ?
Overdrive is not user-adjustable with PureXP+ enabled -- since Overdrive is pre-tuned to its optimal PureXP settings for each common refresh rate and each common PureXP setting.
________

Generically, most LCD panels use a generic "Overdrive Gain" style system that provides over 100 levels of Overdrive. In a tuning environment with most panels for most manufacturers, very fine overdrive adjustment is available. This was done and then locked to their best settings. Few vendors expose the full fine tuning range (e.g. NIXEUS and their 100-level overdrive) to the end user.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 25 Jan 2020, 03:52

Thanks, 100 levels sound very good, i didn't expect so many :D

There are a PureXP+ frequency's list fine tuned ? Or is tuned progressively all range from 75 to 240 ?

I plan use standard 100Hz, but also testing with some non-standar custom frequency's.

With PureXP+ Off and Adaptive Sync On, is also locked Overdrive settings ? and applied Dinamic Overdrive like in GSync module monitors ?