Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
witega

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by witega » 04 Dec 2019, 14:00

Just got the monitor hooked up and wow. This is amazing! It's sad how long I put up with that broken LG panel for.

I'll write up some impressions and review later. But I am in heaven.

Thank you Chief for the recommendation and your work on tuning this thing!

All I need now is an ICC profile and maybe change some of the color options.

But I am extremely happy. It actually seems faster, input lag wise, compared to my LG TN 240hz monitor when Pure+XP is enabled.

Highly recommend it. Chief is right, this should shake up the esports scene.

writer21

Post by writer21 » 04 Dec 2019, 14:22

witega wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 14:00
Just got the monitor hooked up and wow. This is amazing! It's sad how long I put up with that broken LG panel for.

But I am extremely happy. It actually seems faster, input lag wise, compared to my LG TN 240hz monitor when Pure+XP is enabled.

Why you had to go and say that lol?
I'm still going to wait for 24 inch version. I've tried 27" and the size bothered me at 1080p.
Or if the Asus is clean enough with ELMB I'll hold off for a while then eventually sell it.

witega

Post by witega » 04 Dec 2019, 14:46

If I had a choice, I would go 24" or even 23" for 1080p.

I love the real estate of 27" don't get me wrong, I just prefer the pixel density of a 24" panel.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Dec 2019, 17:50

witega wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 14:00

Thanks for the compliments!

For readers who do decide to purchase this particular monitor and wish to use our affiliate link, here it is:
Amazon: ViewSonic XG270 -- 240Hz 1ms IPS Gaming Monitor

Keep an eye on even further improvements to XG270; the monitor is easy firmware upgradeable via USB port. It’s a mandatory requirement of a Blur Busters Approved monitor to be user-upgradeable.

Blur Busters Approved is a strobe tuning & certification program. AMD certifies FreeSync, NVIDIA certifies G-SYNC, and now Blur Busters certifies strobe backlights to meet Blur Busters minimum quality criteria.

Now you all know I’m a big fan of 240Hz 1ms IPS panels. ;)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

rasmas

Post by rasmas » 05 Dec 2019, 05:27

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 17:50
Keep an eye on even further improvements to XG270; the monitor is easy firmware upgradeable via USB port. It’s a mandatory requirement of a Blur Busters Approved monitor to be user-upgradeable.
Noob question: What improvements can be done via hardware? Any planned or working on anything you can talk?

I'm waiting for the Europe release and some reviews, i'm interested on how it works at low FPS and without strobing, and how text-internet looks, but it sounds like a great monitor (at least while waiting for that OLED monitor they were going to release "at the end of this year" :D ).

witega

Post by witega » 05 Dec 2019, 23:45

Yeah 120hz strobed is incredible with this monitor. I am not seeing any crosstalk, just remarkable. With the color accuracy of an IPS, it's time to retire the Sony FW900 (well I already did, but if I still had it).

IPS glow might bother some, but I'd vastly take the color reproduction here than a smeary TN panel.

In fact I might even prefer strobed over G-Sync. It is liquid smooth.

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 06 Dec 2019, 00:13

Any chance this could get an "ELMB" update with gsync strobing?

witega

Post by witega » 06 Dec 2019, 00:40

Hey Chief, when I have PureXP turned on, it doesn't give me the option to select "sRGB" in the color temperature. Is something wrong? Trying to get sRGB strobed.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Dec 2019, 11:47

witega wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 00:40
Hey Chief, when I have PureXP turned on, it doesn't give me the option to select "sRGB" in the color temperature. Is something wrong? Trying to get sRGB strobed.
I will contact ViewSonic and ask. Currently, it is a pre-set calibrated for non-strobed mode and you can still recalibrate manually to get the same effect.

Meanwhile, does your PureXP menu only have the ON/OFF or the 4 levels OFF/Ultra/Extreme/Normal/Light settings? (That is in the new firmware download coming early 2020, installable by monitor USB port).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

witega

Post by witega » 06 Dec 2019, 11:59

The PureXP just has ON/OFF. A bit strange since the user manual has the 4 levels. Looks like ViewSonic probably preemptively included the 4 levels in the manual knowing its coming via firmware.

So get this. When you are in non-strobed mode you can select sRGB and then when you turn PureXP on, it looks like sRGB is still selected but the font turns black to where you cant select it. Weird.

If you need any pictures of the OSD or any part of the monitor Chief I would be happy to oblige.